Some issues with Remote

An when I select the Podcasts, I got the error message on console: Radio Link: getFilterItems json error.
Always that json error!!

iPad Air 2 with 9.7" screen and IOS 14.6 and only in portrait mode. I just updated to IOS 14.7.1 and it still crashes.
I also tested this on another iPad I have, same model, and it also crashes while this function works fine on my iPhone XS (V 14.7.1)

I’m using an iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).

The Remote app still crashes when tapping the “…” button on an album. This happens on my iPad Pro 12.9” (5th gen) in both portrait and landscape orientation. iPadOS version is 15.0.2, app version is 3.0.

This behaviour is consistent, tapping that button crashes the app with 100% reliability.

The same button works fine on the iPhone, BTW.

I can’t get the pause button to work on my iPad when AS is running on my Macbook. It works fine on my Android remote if AS is running on Windows PC. I uninstalled the iOS remote and reinstalled to make sure it’s the most up to date version, and my iPad is also on the most up to date version. Anybody else experiencing the same, or any ideas how to fix.

Thanks.

If it helps, I’ve just realised that it’s only a problem if playing through my hifi. The streamer I’m using is a Cambridge Audio 851N(although I suspect I could use any streamer and still have the issue) and cannot pause with that, but can pause if just playing through macbook speakers.

Edit - although I cannot pause when using with the hifi I can skip songs so it’s not totally unresponsive.

I’ve updated Audirvana Remote to version 3.1.0 (iPad) today, but I’m sad to report that it still crashes instantly and reliably upon tapping the “…” in an album view.

And I can confirm this.
But, the painful behaviour that always put you at the beginning of the list after having opened an album has been corrected.
So now, you can browse through the list and enjoy your library.

I usually control Studio via my iPhone. However I can also confirm that the ‘…’ problem still appears to be present when using an iPad.
I’m a little unsure/concerned as to how the ‘updated’ remote app still appears to be suffering from this rather basic problem, especially as it was first reported (on this thread) over 3 months ago? :thinking:

1 Like

Same thing here. Tapping Sub-menu causes the app to close every time. This happens on any iPad, Pro, Mini or Air, in portrait and landscape but works fine on iPhones.

Yes, same problem here as well - totally crashes when tapping the “…” even after updating AS and the remote app. This is an issue with both of my iPads but it works on my iPhone.

When I was notified there was an update for both AS and the remote app, I held out hope that they finally fixed this after all this time. :confounded:

Is there a way to clear the Recent Search list in the remote?

Do I have to manually update the remote app on my iphone? My laptop is fully updated running 1.8.5. I didnt quite understand if I also had to update the remote app. Thanks. Its been working pretty solid for me since it came out with the occasional freeze.

Every time i open the remote on my iPhone 11 with iOS 15.2,
i don’t have fonts bigger or bold and display is Standard

i see a nice screen of what is playing then 2 seconds later, it shrink a bit smaller half upper part…
i like better the bigger cover :slight_smile:

many space lost in the design…

This is strange, can you send screenshots of the settings you have for your font? Also, which version of iOS and iPhone do you have?

As said, iOS 15.2 on iPhone 11

Do you have this issue with other local albums?

All i guest, just took a pict at what i was listening now…

Can you send us a one of those track to support@audirvana.com so we can try to reproduce the issue?

je t’ai envoyé un message @ support