Some tipps for you -- maybe :)

hihi, I knew, that you would come to the DSD topic…lol…let me think before answering…

Source: Basics: DSD statt PCM? | PRODUCTION PARTNER | Production Partner

If you own equipment optimized for DSD, no discussion. If you own a lot of DSD native files…no discussion…but today? Even Mr. Weiss says, that DSD would be made with 6 Bit today. For me that format it not uptodate anymore. One is fine with 96/24 PCM (see e.g. image), prob. 48/24 already…BTW Signalist HQPlayer (Version 4) can play Qobuz now. There is also a Roon integration especially for HQ Player. But this is not my world. I am really fine with HD PCM.

1 Like

No… You are going down the wrong rabbit hole… I’m not going into this one… Maybe there is a language translation problem… I’m not discussing the subjective interpretations of PCMxxx vs DSDxxx audio quality… They cannot be compared…

ah, sorry then. yes, there are cool labels that take really care for mastering.

1 Like

thank you for the tipp :hugs: will listen to that one… in DSD 128 :smiley:

:wink: :+1:

Open Qobuz :smiley:

I don’t stream audio files… :sunglasses:

This is logic to me for you…hihi… no offense please…

Ah, just in case. Qobuz sells the hires files too. ALAC, FLAC, … DRM free. Think that is their primary business. Right now they have huge promotion running with lowered prices up to 80%.

Thanks for the tip… :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Yes there is… It’s the finished master recording auditioned on the mastering engineer’s playback system from which it was produced… :wink:

Yes!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

As audiophiles we attempt to get as close to this as is realistically possible, given our financial means and technical acumen… :sunglasses:

hihi, it is not possible imo. so i like high quality playback and having fun. also, it it interesting to me to listen same album with different settings. it draws your attention to stuff you (at least me) did not got aware of. when you listen bitperfect again, i am more sensitive for this “sounds”. so, it helps to discover more details. (myself does not listen to so many different albums. i love to listen the same albums over and over again. discovering more and more is great fun to me :slight_smile: )

Yes, but they (the details) always existed…
In the context of applying plug-ins in Audirvana Studio 1.10.2, as a headphone-centric audiophile, I listen to a all PCMxxx up to 384kHz through 112dB’s “Redline Monitor” HTRF plug-in and then modulate this using SoX to DSD128… all stereo (2 channel) DSDxxx is down-converted to 24/352.8kHz then processed via the Redline Monitor HTRF DSP in the Audirvana Studio plug-in architecture and then modulated to DSD128 for output… I listen to raw binaural DSDxxx.

I have an extremely low noise-floor and very, very low intrinsic jitter and jitter accumulation, so what I do hear in my playback system is a product of my amalgamation of components, interconnects, tweaks and the electro-mechanical environment in which they all exist…

1 Like

“they (the details) always existed…” yes, this is sooo true!! And always kills me, how I could not get aware of those details before :sweat_smile:

myself is headphone folk too. simple reason for that, neighbours and best quality for the money imo. actually did a lot of track in binaural using Dear VR (not worth to listen to my stuff. having fun there too. very curious how Dolby Atmos (for headphones) will develop now. Apple is pushing it a lot, although not using the Headphone Atmos codec…lol…not sure, if is still today so. Logic allows meanwhile to produce your own Atmos track. Anyway uploading it Tidal or Apple is ca. 30 USD :frowning:

will dig a bit more in your chain to understand it. thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

I use Logic Pro X and a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 as the A/D converter for listening to my 5.1 SACD’s via Waves “Abbey Road Studio 3” HTRF surround plug-in at 24/96kHz, the S/PDIF output is then up-converted to 24/192k by my stereo DAC and auditioned there… The Spatial Audio stuff from Apple is going to move the needle for a lot of folks, in regard to music enjoyment… I live in the psychoacoustic world and have been for quite a long time now…

1 Like

FYI… My recommended settings in Redline Monitor:

L/R speaker angle: 75°
Center Level: no attenuation
Speaker distance: 0 (zero) no room virtualization

1 Like

the db112 stuff is interesting. actually monitor does fit on top of sonarworks reference. sonarworks allows to pick your headphone (all major stuff supported) and takes away their specifics. sonarworks does not provide “a studio simulation”. you can switch a bit to other devices, but not like db112 monitoring seems to be able off. anyway, this seems to be hype topic right now. tried some of the tools listed in this article: Raumsimulationen für Kopfhörer :: Bonedo +++ Sorry it is in German again, but it lists the products, they have reviewed. Some are free again :slight_smile: anyway i love to try the trials :slight_smile:

This one here in the free version already was not bad imo…Realphones Supported Headphone Models