Songs cut off before end

It’s not irrelevant. We speak from our usage experience. I don’t care about technical details. Of course it’s not normal.

1 Like

Hello @Sandals,

First of all can you give us the source of your music while you have this issue? Is it with local tracks or streaming? Does the issue is here with all of your tracks you try to play?

Can you send us a copy of the “Debug Info” when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account

Please remove the line corresponding to your logged-in account to avoid displaying your email address and first name/last name publicly.

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

Ton I had a chance to listen some music. I turned off any upsampling on my Audiolab MDac plus and, from the few tracks I listened to, the error of skipping and the early cut off seem to be gone… But so was the magi of the music.

What do you mean by any kind of upsampling?

Does it matter whether you use SOX or R8Brain? Do both give the same problems?

In the past I observed that SoX is more stable - less skips. And the most stable is with both off.

Not much you can do in the short term there beyond trying the reduce the pre-load cache and see it this helps. It appears that this behaviour is DAC dependent, but not clear what exactly causes it. Must be some internal caching or something along those lines (Audrvana thinks that the track is over when it’s not).

1 Like

I wasn’t intending to reply to you. It was aimed at Jacob who asked if it worked with a small buffer and no upsampling. I hope things are improving for you.

1 Like

The things has been improved indeed except for mp3s. Sometimes I listen to audio books or radio theatre in mp3 format. Usually last 5-4 seconds are cutted. No other player has this behaviour. But for flacs and Qobuz yes, the things are pretty ok now.

EDIT: Not tested with 1.7.2 yet.

Hi all, I face the same issue. I upsample to DSD with r8brain and it DOES sound magic. But it comes at the expense of stability; some songs will end early randomly. It does also happen on MQA, upon which upsampling is disabled, but go figure.

I’ve tried everything in this forum; I cannot for the life in me figure out why some tracks end suddenly. If anyone can help me and is in Houston, TX, I will owe you dinner lol.

I’m being super-ultra patient because when it works, it WORKS! But this and the dreaded duplicated tracks in playlists are real bummers…

Antoine,

Here is my findings with my system where track cut off occurs;

1. The problem, in my case, seems to be limited to UPnP playback. I will site two examples. Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles cuts out every time 7 seconds prior to the end of the track and Frail State of Mind by the 1975 cuts out 5 seconds prior to the end of the track.
  2. It occurs every time I play these tracks over UPnP to a pair of KEF LS50 wireless II speakers. No exceptions.
  3. It does not occur with a lot of tracks only maybe 10%, some are not noticeable as the track fades out before the end but based on the track progress bar they cut out at Circa 5-7 seconds prior to the end.
  4. It does not occur when I play the same tracks through a USB connection from my M1 Macbook Pro to a Chord Mojo Dac connected to some Focal Stellia headphones.

Systems details when this occurs;

1. M1 Macbook Pro 16 GB, MacOS 12 (21A5543b) - Beta 9 but occurred with Big Sur 11.6.1 also
  2. Audirvana Studio 1.7.2, sysoptimiser on, no upsampling or upsampling R8 x 2, makes no difference, no volume levelling etc.

Hope this helps

David

Does your KEF are up to date?

Are you using version 1.7.2 of Studio?

The problem reported in my previous post when I was testing the issue by repeatedly playing the same tracks that experienced cut-off on Saturday morning GMT+8 has not reappeared today. If it does reappear I will try streaming to the KEF speakers over airplay and see if the problem goes away. If it does not repeat then great! The KEF firmware version is 2.1, the latest according to the KEF Connect app.

Hi @Antoine, apologies for the delay; I was out of town.

Since the update to 1.7.2 I did not experience any song cutoff before the end when upsampling to DSD. I’m carefully optimistic. Did you do something to improve DSD upsampling stability or is it just luck on my part?

We made some improvements in it but they are in the minor fixes.

Well, let’s hope it sticks!

In time, is it possible to do kernel streaming and upsampling to native DSD instead of DoP?

Kernel streaming does not support DSD. Only packaged as DoP.

Thanks, Jacob. Appreciated.

Song cuts off before end returned after update to 1.8.5 on my system. Not every track but seems repeatable and appears to be an issue with UPnP to KEF LS50 Wireless 2 speakers running firmware version 2.1 (latest). This problem existed before 1.7.2 then was great until it has re-appeared with 1.8.5, some songs cut out 4-7 seconds before the end with 100% repeatability. When I use airplay to stream to the KEF speakers track cut off does not occur. It also does not occur with a USB connection to a Chord Mojo DAC only when using UPnP to KEF . The only other thing to change on my system apart from an update to 1.8.5 was switching to a new 16" M1 Max Macbook Pro from an M1 Air on the same day as the update to 1.8.5.

1 Like

Do you see any difference in the settings of Studio on your two devices?