Folder view storage tree on disk

This is great software, but it would be extremely helpful if the sorting could be done according the directory/folder tree on disk.
Every user has his/her preferred way to sort the music into different directories/folders and it would be nice if it could be reproduced by the software in this way.
Thanks!

Actually after reading through the topic “Management Libraries” I am even more convinct that the possibility to organize the library accoring to the own folder/directory structure would solve many problems for many users.

1 Like

I totally agree, that’s a key function for me.

I would say a folder view display would be a key feature.

1 Like

I want this feature.

1 Like

I want this too: a folder tree in the sidebar, displaying how your files are actually stored on disc

1 Like

Totally agree.
This is THE lack of Audirvana.

+1 Vote. Got a new DAC and was curious about Audirvana having used JRiver MC for the past couple of years. Audirvana gets the obvious edge in many (important) aspects, mainly ease of setup and, most importantly, sound quality. Lack of a file view is very much missed, though. From years of using the file view to navigate a digital library I never gave a second thought to tagging after trying to keep up with it for display/sorting in JRMC. I’m going to keep Audirvana on my main setup for sure. Improper tagging is definitely my issue and a bad habit but, if there were a sidebar file view in Audirvana, I’d uninstall JRMC from every one of my devices in a heartbeat. PLEASE add this feature.

I want this feature too!
I have all my music sorted by folders. Pop, Rock, Chill, etc. I can’t find anything without knoing the folder structure of my hard drive!

Tagging your files could be the solution.
Many external tag editors (I use Yate/2manyrobots on macOS) have some automated functionalities to retrieve tag from the folders tree.
Then you could refine your album tagging with specific metadata, it will keep some time but the result will be way better than browsing by folder tree.

Dear Stefano, I tried tagging as you proposed. I used the “Grouping” tag and it is working well. Only one note: if I filter for the tag “Grouping”, Audirvana is not only including in the filter the tag “Grouping”, but also the tag “Content group”.

ContentGroup is the tag name for Alac/m4a file type and Grouping is the corresponding tag for flac and dsd file type so this seems correct to me.

This is a MUST and a deal breaker.

I want this as well, I happen to have some recordings in various qualities such as DSD and FLAC and I want to choose based on the given target playback device.

2 Likes

As a new user and long-time music fan with an extensive collection transferred to NAS, I find this is something that gets in the way of my full enjoyment of the software. My collection has been carefully curated: I follow a strict organizing and tagging regime (Album Artist > Album > tracks and artwork for album). There are quite a few mutichannel albums in my collection too - I’ve added relevant info in [] after the album name (i.e. folder is named ‘Dark Side of the Moon [2011 Blu-ray 5.1]’.
It would be nice to see my collection as I have organized it, not how Audirvana thinks I should see it! At present, ‘Abbey Road’ appears twice (I have a preferred stereo edition and a 5.1 edition… OTT, I know, but lots of collectors have more than one edition of an album!). I have to select on of the albums to see which release it is - rather than Audirvana showing the different releases at the top level of browsing.

2 Likes

Voted. Desperately needed feature in my opinion.

2 Likes

I would love this too! I’m just discovered Audirvana and I am in my trial month. I would buy it no question if it had the ability to browse one’s folder hierarchy. without it, I’m not so sure. The inability to do so makes it clumsy for me to use as I often look for something in media monkey and then go search for it in Audirvana. Again, lots of busy people don’t have hundreds of hours to reorganize their music because of the limitations of the software. Please add this feature that is going to be useful for so many users.

1 Like

+1 vote too. I also think Audirvana is great software, but I miss a folder view dearly :wink:

+1. A must have for one perfect sw!

Hello Damien,

Is it possible to provide a File Explorer type of view of the Library? I think most JRiver converts to Audirvana would appreciate this functionality. I know I would really find it useful to organize the files in my library.

Thank you.

Regards,
Steve

+1 here. For me, even a simple drag-&-drop from the file explorer window to Audirvana would be a real burner. /Peace!