Stability issue while browsing Qobuz

There are some stability issues when browsing Qobuz. While playing something from Qobuz and browsing through the search results Audirvana crashes regularly after 5-10 min. Typically when selecting an album to display the songs list. This does not happen when playing from local library.

Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.28 (3558)

I can provide the problem (crash) report if necessary.

@Antoine I’ve sent the crash report to support@audirvana.com

I can replicate it quite consistently. It doesn’t take more than few minutes. Search for an artists and play some song. Continue browsing Qobuz and selecting albums to show the contents (song lists). After few attempts you’ll have a crash.

I managed to narrow it down.

Start playing from Qobuz Discover. While playing, start scrolling down beyond the first few pages. Select album. You’ll have a crash every time.

If you just scroll one or two pages down it works. You need to scroll down at least 3 pages and select the album. If you click on the play album icon in the middle it works. You need to select the album to show the songs list in order to replicate the crash.

I’m running Catalina 10.15.1 (19B88).

Hello @bitracer, thank you fir the crash report but we can’t see the origin of the crash in Audirvana since it is not mentioned in the crashed section. We will investigate about it since we couldn’t reproduce the crash.

I just tested on Mojave and there it works flawlessly, so the issue is only with Catalina.

Could be also RAM related. My secondary rig running Catalina has only 8GB of RAM. My primary rig (where it works) runs Mojave with 16GB of RAM.

Bonjour,
nouvel utilisateur de la version démo depuis quelques jours (3.5.28 - 3558), je suis sous Mojave 10.14.6, avec 16 GO de RAM, et je constate le même plantage systématique après avoir parcouru quelques pistes/albums.
Une mise à jour est-t-elle possible pour résoudre le problème ?

Bonjour,
J’ajoute qu’avec ma configuration, le plantage ne survient que quand j’impose la sortie réseau, et qu’en plus la lecture passe sur un morceau en haute résolution. Avec la sortie DAC (Airplay ou USB), le logiciel ne plante pas, que le morceau sont en résolution simple ou en haute résolution. De même, en sortie réseau, le logiciel ne plante pas si seuls des morceaux en résolution standard sont joués. Il faut donc la combinaison sortie réseau + morceau en haute résolution pour reproduire le plantage. A noter également que le bouton play/pause reste grisé en mode réseau, alors qu’avec la sortie DAC, le bouton play/pause reste accessible.
Merci pour votre aide.

Bien cordialement

Bonjour @DrFred, pouvez-vous nous envoyer le crash report d’Audirvana par mail? voici notre adresse mail de support: support@audirvana.com

Hi Damien

I now have a new amplifier with uPnP. Tracks will play fine, and pause works too.
I am still seeing problems with the Audirvana user interface.
If i click End of Track - the >> icon - Audirvana crashes spontaneously.

I also see it crashing when i click on Album art.

Stuart

Hi Damien

I noticed that version 3.5.30 has been released. I have tried it this evening and I still get the same crashes as 3.5.29.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks again

Stuart

Hello @sclayman, can you send us your crash report at this mail address support@audirvana.com

i have this exact issue on mac 10.15.6. I can provide a crash report in case helpful?

Hello @Joseph_Casey, go ahead, if you are able to reproduce the issue esily, feel free to sned us the crash report and your debug info. You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in a mail

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.