Studio's lack of support for Apple Music / Amazon HD and Spotify HiFI

Partner company to Focal

1 Like

All their streamers support Apple Music:

Sooner rather than later all makers will support Apple Music. When Apple enters a market, it becomes the leader.
Look what happened with a small product like the Apple Watch. In just a few years of existence, it generates more revenue and profit than the entire, centuries old, watch industry of Switzerland, If I’m not mistaken.

They support airplay2. But I can’t find the support of Apple Music.

Streaming
Chromecast Built-In, Apple AirPlay, TIDAL,
Spotify® Connect, Bluetooth (AptX HD), Internet Radio, UPnP™ (hi-res streaming), Roon Ready

“Stream your own digital music library, favourite radio stations and podcasts, and music from Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal and Qobuz through your headphones without life disturbing you. Also wirelessly stream direct from all your devices via Apple AirPlay 2 and Chromecast built-in, plus connect other sources, from turntables to USB drives. Explore and curate all these choices via the Naim App.” - from Uniti Atom Headphone. All have the same support.

This topic has reached its end and any relevance to Audirvana Studio. Time to move on.

Pretty sure Naim do not have natively integrated Apple Music account access functionality currently - would love to be wrong, but I think that comment is simply inferring you can Airplay Apple Music (or use Bluetooth).

See:

I’ve also seen comments suggesting they would be delighted to have native Apple Music integration (and probably Amazon Music
/other services too), but the ball is pretty much in Apple’s court currently for non Apple devices (think they offer Apple Music on Android but via an Apple Music app).

Interesting thoughts - the SDKs may be usable for macOS/iOS/iPadOS/tvOS applications, however do they do any more than allow the apps to control searches, playback and volume of Apple Music content?

For example, if they only allow control of a playback stream that may be of little use to Audirvana unless it can get at the stream to process it - that may not be feasible.

The componenets of SDKs equally are unlikely to work on non-Apple devices, those might be able to harness APIs if available from Apple, but are they???

The relevance lies in the fact that no hardware streamer has native Apple Music integration. And there is also no software player where it is integrated.

The assumption that Audirvana just needs to add it too is incorrect.

I would like to buy a nice hi-fi streamer that supports this.

1 Like

Yeah Android has it’s own Apple Music app. Looks and works just like the iPhone version. And since the last update it now also supports lossless and hi-res.

That just leaves Windows out of the lossless/hi-res band wagon. Since iTunes still doesn’t support it when it comes to Apple Music.

1 Like

Still no Spotify Hifi - the year is almost done ! Four weeks left.

I subscribed for a few months and gave up when I couldn’t even cast lossless via Airplay 2 or Chromecast. Does anyone know if DAPs are able to work with Apple Music and output bitperfect data? Which ones?

I’m also trying to keep an eye on it, but I don’t think there is yet any ‘audiophile’ software or hardware that supports Apple Music.

1 Like

There is no third party support for Apple Music, Somewhere I saw a post that Damien explained that the Apple SDK only allows access to the library and playlists; music has to be processed through Apple’s own software. Too bad. I have now sided with the devil and subscribed to Qobuz (which is far better than a year ago) as is it far easier to find the music that I like.

Why is Qobuz the devil?

Their CS was horrific a year or two back; you could wait days for a reply, the apps crashed and most of their high resolution music was CD quality only. Everything now seems to work well and CS is quick to react.