Stuttering sound when switching between dsf and flac replay unsupressed by latency setting

I’m using Audirvana 3.5 on WIndow 10 (maintained up to date) and connect an SPL phonitor xe DAC 768 via USB and ASIO driver (v4.67, newest available version). When switching between DSD (.dsf file) via DoP (1.0 and 1.1 don’t make a difference) and .flac file replay (both ways), I sometimes hear a very loud stuttering sound that is not supressed by the ‘additional latency’ setting in Audirvana. The sound appears more often when switching for the first time, but that’s not fully replicable. Audirvana doesn’t show the same behaviour with any of my other DACs, the phonitor xe doesn’t show the same behaviour when switching DSD and FLAC via foobar2000.
My hypothesis is, that Audirvana and the DAC768 loose the clock synch when switching between DSD and PCM sources and the resynch sounds are not suppressed.
Given the noise is not only annoying, but dangerous for the headphones and my hearing, any help is highly appreciated.

Hi Wolfram!
Is it possible for you to check this behaviour with WASAPI? If so, and the terrible noise is gone, you will hear it’s the drivers fault, the DAC manufacturers :imp:
There are many similar complaints around here.
BR
BB

I will check and report back, if I can see any changes.
kind regards, Wolfram

Hi BB, I just did the checks.
It seems as if the problem is not that easy to solve and an interesting new problem appears with WASAPI: Some dfs files randomly won’t play at all and stuttering still appears, however more seldom. I tried DoP 1.0 and 1.1 - no difference. Once Audirvana crashed while the stuttering appeared. May I send you the dump file? This forum doesn’t allow to attach it.
Kind regards,
Wolfram

Hi Wolfram!
Sorry, I ain’t no techno geek :relieved: There’s no sense in sending anything to me. This is where my wisdom ends. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you, and me, that some day this will be solved.
BR
BB