SUCCESS with a Mac n DAC

Mojave OS 10.14 on iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019) desktop. MAC’s USB port to Cambridge DacMagic 200M. DAC’s RCA outs to sound system.

Found Qobuz to my liking early 2022. Discovered Audirvāna Studio Access with iOS remote Jan. 2023.

Thank you Audirvāna Community Forum for the opportunity to share my success.

Cheers!

:wave:t3::expressionless::dog:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard the forum @jkball80 , nice to hear that you’re enjoying your hi-fi system. Mac n DAC that’s a good one. USB is a great way to get the best out of Audirvāna.

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome.

1 Like

Love some Mac ‘n’ DAC. So simple.

3 Likes

You’re so right! Keeping it simple.

2 Likes

So efficient as well !

2 Likes

Glad see your appreciation… :sunglasses: Yes, the simplicity of a DAC connected via USB to an Apple Mac, removes a lot of frustration and makes listening to high-resolution digital-audio music files played by Audirvana Studio, very pleasurable, to say the least.

This question will irritate of some of the folks responding to your post: “How long is your USB 2.0 cable?”…

I will make the obvious suggestion for best performance of using the shortest USB 2.0 cable that you can reasonably employ… I’ll leave it here… as the responders here, understand why I do so, as it relates to playback sound-quality expectations… a subject that has been flogged to death elsewhere on this forum…
:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

2 Likes

I thought you’d never ask :joy:

4 Likes

Appreciate both the comment and question. I use an AudioQuest Carbon USB 2.0 cable @ 0.75m | 2’ 6” in length. Says on the box: “HI-Speed USB 2.0 specifies a maximum signaling rate of 480Mbps.”

4 Likes