Suddenly grayed out new duplicates

Suddenly a lot of duplicates emerged. Until a few days my Studio files were clean.
The second copy is grayed out, but is still playable.
I had this before just after Studio was introduced. A complete resync solved this. I hope there is a solution without resyncing. I checked database integrity and the other maintenance options without success. I hope this is not a recurrent bug. Any other suggestions?

Hello @DonaldM,

Can you send us a copy of the “Debug Info” when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account

Please remove the line corresponding to your logged-in account to avoid displaying your email address and first name/last name publicly.

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

E-mail sent

I think I found the culprit: I am using an OWC external Thunderbolt DAS. Sometimes (but mostly not) it displays in the finder only “Volumes” instead of the Disc name one level deeper. I had standard Synchronize all files on when starting up Studio. So probably Studio started synching again the same discs, despite they where already synced: hence the grayed out duplicate. I will trash the sq-lite database and sync everything anew and will not select start synchronizing starting up Studio. Hope this was it…

I see that Studio is syncing my local files anyhow. Is it possible that Studio checks if the right names of the volumes in my DAS are used? If, for any reason, OSX renames my named disk volumes (e.g. Music Disk I) to “Volumes” can Studio check that it ought to be Music Disk I and not “Volumes” and then in the latter case will not start syncing!? This is the only automatic way to stop the start of greyed out duplicates. I guess this situation is specific to DAS disks only!?
Alternatively I have to check if OSX did change the disk names to “Volumes” and correct them, before starting Studio. As I have a dedicated Mac mini for my music I used to start Studio automatically at start-up of the mini.