SysOptimizer (Error 22) - After trying fix and reinstalling

Just to be clear you are referring to these?

1 Like

yes, those lines of code that you need to enter in Terminal.

OK, tried that.

The first line returned an error in Terminal saying that the service was already loaded.

The other two lines were accepted.

Re-launching AV and attempting to play a track resulted in the same error 22.

What are the sysoptimizer settings you have in Audirvana?

Are you referring to the ‘Low Level Playback Options’ Damien?

EDIT - sorry, I see where you mean. Will check.

EDIT 2 - on my iMac I do not see this Error 22, and I have

Optimize System for Audio Playback set to ON
AV priority - Very High
Other three OFF

Am just rebooting Mac Mini so will revert shortly.

UPDATE:

The issue appears resolved, by:

1. Quit AV, Run the above three Terminal commands (first returned an error as noted above)
    2.relaunched AV, tried to play, Error 22 SysOptimizer remained
  2. Rebooted - which installed 11.2.3 update at the same time
  3. Launched AV and played a track - AV notified that it wanted to Install SysOptimizer - which I authorised
  4. AV now works with no SysOptimizer error
  5. Quite and relaunched to test - still OK.

For the record, that Mac Mini has settings (which have not been changed throughout the error):
Optimise for Audio Playback ON
Extreme priority
Disable TM, Spotlight and iDevice recognition all ON

2 Likes

Hi Antoine,

I have the same Error22 on my iMac running with the latest BigSur and Audirvana 3.5.50 versions. And I have tried the above Terminal trick. I still get the message that ‘Not all optimizations may be done’ when I ask AV to restart sysopt - but on the other hand the small SysOpt indicator in the buttom right lights green during playback.

Can you please tell me if all is OK or not?

Best regards,
Erik

Hello @ErikBagger,

Can you send a screenshot of your SysOptimizer settings?

They are like this - including the error message. Thanks for an expedient reply

When you remove the files mentioned earlier in this thread, do you get the message to install Sysoptimizer? When does the message you have appear?

Yes I get to install without problems. And I get the error message when I press ‘Restart all selected…’ - where the cursor appears in the screen shot…

Without Time Machine activated, do you still get the error when you want to restart the service?

No - when I turn off ‘Disable Time Machine’ I no longer get the error message. And I haven’t activated Time Machine in the first place so I guess I can leave the ‘Disable Time Machine’ turned off… Thank’s a lot. Now I know there isn’t a unused optimization in the Audirvana setup…

That being solved, should I activate ‘Disable detection of iDevices on USB’?

I have an ifi Pro iDSD DAC connected to my iMac via USB through an AudioQuest Jitterbug.

You don’t have to as it’s not related to iFi devices but on apple devices.

Thank you for your help Antoine

Hi Antoine

SysOptimizer error remains after I executed these steps

This is great. Thank you. Problem solved. @RJKFlyer @Antoine

Hi Antoine,
In Apr. ´20 RunHomeSlow wrote:
“…Then restart Audirvana and play a song… check in the lower right bottom of Audirvana window if you see the SysOpt in green…”
Is it correct that System Optimizer is working properly with Origin 1.0.5 only if SysOpt is shown in green letters in the lower right bottom?
In my case no error is being shown but I have to reinstall SysOpt every time I restart my Mac and Audirvana Origin which I find a bit strange.
Maybe I should do what gofry wrote in March ´21 (though I use Catalina not Big Sur):

"Same here. It seems to be a permission handling issue with big sur. Even if you give rw permissions to wheel to LaunchDaemons and PriviledgedHelperTools & below, it won’t give it properly.
So I’ve done the following:
0. gave audirvana full disk access (just for fun…never hurts)
0.5: closed audirvana

Copied the files linked above to the respective folders
Run the following commands
sudo chown root /Library/PriviledgedHelperTools/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool
sudo chgrp wheel /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool
sudo chown root /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist
sudo chgrp wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist
Run sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist
Started audirvana. Played with sysopt enabled flawlessly..."