System optimizer

first to be reinstalled it has to be open in Audirvana i think…
so, put it all like me in my picture here…

then close Audirvana

Go to the Main Library Folder… PrivilegedHelperTools folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from Audirvana (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder… LaunchDaemons Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from Audirvana (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)

Restart MAC.
Restart Audirvana
it should ask to reinstall it upon trying to play the first song… say yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I followed exactly all the instructions that the kind RunHomeSlow gave in the various discussions, but I can not install the System optimizer in any way …

iMac 27 “” 2015 catalina

Hello @incursore61, ahve you tried this? System optimizer

Hi damien and thanks for your reply. I tried what you indicate, but still in my Library / PrivilegedHelperTools there was nothing to delete…it just seems never installed …

Since the error says it couldn’t communicate with the helper, check your Security & Privacy System Preferences in your Mac since you have more secure Catalina installed… nothing unchecked there for Audirvana?

I’m also on Catalina, if you want to try to put my files there to see if it is working… they are just preferences files installed by Audirvana… i put a .zip file in my dropbox for you to try:

If you don’t trust me, do a backup before to restore… but they are genuine, no worry. If it still doesn’t work after, remove them.

If you try mine, close Audirvana, put the 2 files in the folder i wrote, and the other 2 in the other folder i wrote… if you don’t have these folders in your main Library, create a new folder and paste the name i wrote. After putting the 4 files in the 2 folders, restart your Mac. Then restart Audirvana and play a song… check in the lower right bottom of Audirvana window if you see the SysOpt in green.

2 Likes

This worked for me, thanks!!!

Hi Everyone, first post here. I’m also having problems with the System Optimiser. Sine I’ve updated to the latest version of Audirvana I’ve had the same error message appearing. I’m running a MacBook Pro with the latest Catalina OS. I’ve tried all of the above fixes suggested above & nothing has worked so far. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks for your help, Matt

This is the error that I’m getting

Hello @Matt_Cave, do you mean the two commands line didn’t fixed your issue?

Yes I tried the command lines as well as the other options of copying the library files, checking security setting etc

Hello @Matt_Cave, can you try the command line bellow in Terminal and give us the result you get from it here?

sudo ls -al /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools

Thanks Damien for your help. This is what was generated when I ran that command line;

total 3744
drwxr-xr-t 3 root wheel 96 12 Sep 16:25 .
drwxr-xr-x 67 root wheel 2144 26 Aug 19:00 …
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 1915760 10 May 12:18 com.microsoft.office.licensingV2.helper

Hope that’s helpful
Matt

You are supposed to have a file called com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool in this folder, can you go to this folder and try to find this file?

hmm ok well the only place com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool appears is in LaunchDaemons. How do I fix that? I downloaded Audirvana again but chose not to update to the new version to see if that made a difference & it didn’t so I’m still on version 3.5.38

Can you reboot your Mac, remove the file form the LaunchDameons and install Sysoptimzer again?

Hi Damien,

I have tried doing that but then ran into other computer issues so deleted audirvana and downloaded it again & updated to the latest version then reinstalled the SysOptimiser. I now have com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool in the PrivilegedHelperTools folder however I’m still getting the following error:

There was an error executing SysOptimizer. Not all optimizations may be done.
Error = The operation couldn’t be completed. (CFErrorDomainLaunchd error 9.)

You are asked to install the SysOptimiser every time you start up playing a new album.

Okay, can you do ls -al /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools so we can see if you have the proper rights for the file.

here it is

total 3832
drwxr-xr-t 4 root wheel 128 17 Sep 12:17 .
drwxr-xr-x 67 root wheel 2144 26 Aug 19:00 …
-r-xr–r-- 1 root wheel 43904 17 Sep 12:17 com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 1915760 10 May 12:18 com.microsoft.office.licensingV2.helper

Can you close Audirvana and do the three commands below in Terminal?

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist

sudo rm /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool

sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist

After doing this, can you open Audirvana and play a track?