The Beta Test of the new features of Audirvāna Studio is LIVE

The beta version of 2.0 upgrade of Audirvāna Studio is now live! :smiley:

We are happy to share this preview version with you. The goal of this beta test is to help us fine tune it before it is released, so please don’t hesitate to test it and give us feedback.

Those new/updated features will be included in the 2.0 upgrade of Audirvāna Origin. But the beta test is conducted only on Audirvāna Studio. If you use Audirvāna Origin and you want beta test the updates, please contact me by private message on the forum and I will give you access to a free trial on Audirvāna Studio.

You can start to play with the beta version by downloading it here:

Audirvāna Studio 2.0 Update Beta Version MacOS

Audirvāna Studio 2.0 Update Beta Version Windows

To give us a feedback, you first need to get an account on our community forum and use the corresponding categories when creating a topic. Make sure to follow the short description you will see when creating a new topic.

-------------------------------Installation process------------------------------

For MacOS users, you just have to install the app by downloading the .dmg file and opening it.

You will see that the version does not replace your version of Audirvāna Studio (different naming) as we want you to be able to go back and forth between versions.

For Windows users, you also just have to install the app by downloading the .appxbundle file and opening it. Note that you will need to do a copy of your AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite file if you do not want to synchronise your music again.
To access this file, you will need to go here (you should see two Audirvana.Audirvana-[… id number that can vary], one is for the normal version, the other is for the beta):

C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-[… id number that can vary]\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana

To show AppData folder:

After copying the file, you will need to paste it in the second Audirvana folder you will find and you will be good to go :slight_smile:

Hello, thanks for this beta. I’m on Origin so I’ll keep an eye on the new official public update then.

Could you just provide any changelog regarding this version?
Like the major fixes, major improvements, and if so, major new features?

Cheers,

Hello,
Thanks for the beta. First impressions:
Really appreciated:
- possibility to define and save different configurations for different output devices
- removal of the icon (at the bottom/ right) for customizing “advanced settings”
Regret:
- The “first release date” of Local album/tracks (“date de sortie” in French) continues to be incorrect. Maybe fixed with the Original beta?
Others:
- Are there other “new” functions to test? A changelog would be appreciated to help with testing

Here is a brief recap of the new functionality:

• Chromecast audio
  • Universal gapless playback that compensates for the faulty UPnP implementation of some devices and ensure uninterrupted music playback.
  • Audio Scan that analyzes the audio content of the track being played and compares its true resolution to that written in its metadata (improvement of the current HD Analyzer).
  • Dedicated settings per device
  • New interface customization options

Bonjour,

Le problème de lecture des DSD256 est toujours présent.

Cordialement.

Phil.

I would like to be able to swipe on the main screen instead of or in addition of using < or >: you do it so many times…
For a beta version it is remarkable stable. I did only find one minor bug: using the larger letter option, text is not perfectly aligned.
Most important: the sound is fine, maybe a tad better than the current active version.

Yes solid beta release and i agree there is a sound change i believe, better again to my ears