The radio stops

So as @Antoine just posted it’s strictly a windows only issue so my Mac results are not helpful for you really, did you install the test version Antoine suggested?

I see you have installed it I believe, it’s still 1.12.2 I’m just guessing as I’m not going to tempt fate as my Mac is working pretty good currently.

We need a couple of windows users to test this further for you and Antoine

Hi, first thanks for the communion and sharing.

I very appreciate it.

As I wrote:

My Neighbor has installed a Trail and has the same problem on Windows 10.
I set up a DEV System, I make a try on this (Different Hardware).

Maybe you can make these settings accesible so we can try to find some good values for Windows.

I’m not sure if it’s really a setting that can be changed.

Speaking of settings, if you have this test version and you are connected to a Tidal account, there is something you should check in the Tidal settings of Audirvāna Studio :wink:

1 Like

Hello Antonie,

the assumption because of the setting was the release note windows 1.12.2: “Internet Radios: Improve buffering to remove any unwanted short pause during playback” So I thought the buffer size was adjusted. What also explained the current behavior to me. What was that the buffer was full after 7 minutes.

But it’s your turn and you’re on the right track to correcting the error, waiting for new test if you need more.

And I’ll probably watch Tidal too! Thank you so far.
MacJK

P.S.I just realize my name, not match my Hardware, I fix this this next year at an Apple Store.
:slight_smile:

What I’m talking about is different that what you see in the release note. I need to do a 1 hour listening to radio to see if I can reproduce your issue with the test version.

1 Like

I’ve been playing Radio paradise with the test version of Audirvāna Studio on my Windows 10 computer for almost 2 hours and no issue so far. I will come back to you next week about it to see what we can do with Damien.

I have the same issue for long time

Hi, I just test today some random stations (5), and everyone stops after 1h ± 10 min, different quality, and Country.

So the last change was good and point to the spot, but seam to not solve the problem.

When you have the stops, does Audirvāna Studio freeze?

the playback stop,

I can make some click’s (2-3) but nothing change no playback or radio station change work

and after one more click i get the Notification the application not react.

Like before after 7 min but now after 1h.

After this AS closes and disappear from Task Manager.

When you get this notification, can you go in task manager, click on the arrow next to Audirvāna Studio and then right click on Audirvāna Studio under it and select" create a dump file"?

yes just create one more: around 2.1 GB. should I upload to the SharePoint URL I get via Mail? or do you prefer a Dropbox Link?

Yes please, it will be more convenient for me :slight_smile:

done, i named it with the new Version Number. 1.12.9

Hello, long time no Update.

Today got notified of a new Version.

So far it looks like it be fixed my Play-back runs since 4h and the memory consumption looks ok.

I do some more long-play over next week.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello, after some test and play-time this issue is still open.

The memory usage keeps normal.

Audirvana still stop, but now after random time.

Sometimes it runs 3-4h or 30-90 min and have the same behavior as descripted before.

I tried several days now and I get more frustrate due the random time now.

How we can fix this?

This will be hard to troubleshoot. When Audirvāna Studio stops, are you still be able to use the software or you need to reopen it?

Hi, update:

surprising

I received an update to version 1.13.1 a few days ago.

If you adjusted something there, it was a hit.

Some tests have been very positive so far.

Over 24 hours of playback without interruption.

Thanks,
MacJK

I had problems with radio playback (Windows) with slutterings and stops since the beginning of AS. From February (I guess) the playback has been improved and from a month I have few slutterings on playback sometimes and than works perfect. In the past when playing radios and made other things, for example even opening a browser, more slutterings occured. Now (from a month or something) is stable like a rock. I changed my mind and will renew my annual sub for AS in August. The sound is incredible, the software is now stable, at least for me, certainly you are on a good direction!

1 Like

Absolutely the sound is a lot better, during the instability I used alternatives but Audirivana definitely has the best sound.

1 Like