Tidal connection issues

I’ve been happily using Tidal with Audirvana/Audirvana remote for 18 months or so with no real problems. Over the last week I’ve started to experience the following issues:

Audirvana will not automatically connect to Tidal, instead I’m redirected to the Tidal website to sign in. This happens every time Audirvana is reopened. After signing in, Tidal appears in the “connected panel” but still shows unconnected in system options. However, it does play locally on my IMAC (running Catalina).

I also use the remote, in conjunction with Mo0de running on an RPI, on another system. Tidal now does not show up at all in this case. As stated above it has been working perfectly until this week.

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

I have a similar issue. Tidal does not show connected, but favouriteswill play, and only local search available.
I am using an apple mini, this happened before and I found a thread about deleting some Audirvana files that worked, but I can’t find it now.

Hello @Nma,

You may have a damaged preferences file.
To reset it, open the Terminal application, and enter the following two commands:

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana

Please note you’ll be asked for your license key when you’ll relaunch Audirvana for the first time after this.

1 Like

Have the same symptoms on Mac. Do I need to reconfigure all the setup and accounts (Qobuz, HighresAudio, Tidal) afterwards?

Hello @navodarc,

Using the command lines above will unlink your account from Audirvana so yes, you will have to do setup your streaming accounts again.

I did that reset all the connections and it worked for 2 days. Now the issue is back. I have done no setup changes, nothing, but still get the same Tidal disconnect issues. Unlinking a resetting every day is obviously no solution. I am Audirvana customer for at least 5years now, but unless you solve the issue, I will have to move to a different platform. Very disappointing. Attached screenshot shows the situation after “reconnecting” tidal, it is not shown accordingly in preferences but appears in the sidebar as connected. This until I restart Audirvana and then the connection is completely lost.

Which version of MacOS are you using?

Hello, its MacOS 11.2.3.

Well I have just upgraded to 11.3.1 with still the same problems

Hello @navodarc,

so even if you try to remove your preference you have this issue after two days?

Sry removing preferences following the steps as above removes half of the pre stored info and credentials from browsers and this is really not something I would like to really experiment with.
I would expect someone goes to analyze the debug info or something similar instead of trying to reuse something which has not really worked previously.

There is only two thing you can try to reset the connection to Tidal, delete preference file or delete the AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite file.

In the second case, you need to make sure you have made a backup of it, otherwise you will loose all your playlist and favorites you’ve made in Audirvana.

Well thanks. I will wait till the next week’s announcement to see whether a new version will be launched, before experimenting further with changes on my computer.