Two Artists out of Alphabetical Sort Order

Hi,

I just about have the library sorted in Audirvana but have two Artists appearing at the front of the alphabet before ‘A’. The source of these are some from iTunes Music (where they appear in the right order and some directly from the mapping of a file location on the hard disk.The artists are Elton John and Marvin Gaye who both appear before AC/DC.

I must say that I am stumped on this one. It just appears to be illogical?

Regards, Mark

Hello @organm,

Can you open click on Elton John and open the metadata panel of Audirvana? Can you check the Sort as section of the artist and send a screenshot of it?

This is an issue that Audrivana seems to create whenever it you have a composer or secondary Artist (provided by MusicBrainz).

Instead of Adding a SortArtist / SortComposer tag with the format Last, First – for some unexplainable reason it adds the value ARIST THE to everyone one of those, which causes them to be sorted under A (for ARTIST).

Its very annoying, but a workaround seems to be to always add your own SortArtist + SortComposer tags…

Many thanks for this eyeala :+1:
Solved my problem from this post:

1 Like

Good to hear!

I’m having the same problem. Oftentimes it’s because there’s a space in the metadata before the artists name, but not in my case.

when you click an artist that bug, don’t select anything put the tag editor to see how it is sorted.

Thanks! I’ll check that out. I had to put 3 e’s in Queen (Queeen) to get it to alphabetize. It’s super weird. Great how you can see my app!

Hello @RobJ,

Can you please send us a mail at support@audirvana.com so I can give you a link to upload your database so I can try reproducing your issue?

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.