Update to Windows 3.5.4 problem

Until now I never had problems with updates. After update to 3.5.4 I can see my Tidal library and when I select a song it seems to be loaded but it it is not being played, staying at 00:00 minutes. What shall I do?

Hello @devi63, how are you connected to your DAC? wireless or cable connected?

I’m in a similar situation. After update 3.5.4 I can see my library (internal or Tidal) and when I select a song it seems to be loaded but is not being played, or Audirvana remote no longer connects to the PC and and the following message appears: unable to connect to the device. If i want to listen music again I have to restart my pc. Sometimes I even have to restart the converter because Audirvana it seems to disconnect from the DAC. This is not the case before the last update. I’m using a Yamaha CDS 3000 as a DAC via usb connection, Win 10 and Steinberg drivers.

Connection is Wireless via Devialet air protocol.

Have you tried to reconnect your USB connection to your DAC?

Are you on DOS2?

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info Audirvana button automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message.

Today everything is working fine! Shall I send the Debug Info anyway?

If your issue appear again don’t hesitate to send it.