Updated ALAC files cannot be played

Hi,

i have just bought the Audirvana licence and enjoyed listening music with it but I have an issue with one kind of files.

I recently updated all my audio files from AAC 192 files in my iTunes to ALAC lossless files by again ripping all my CDs and using the replacement function of iTunes. I have synchronzied the iTunes library at Audirvana but I still cannot play any of my recently updated ALAC files. Audirvana finds all these files and its meta data (Track name, cover, etc.) but it just shows “loading” and no track is playing. I can play all other files like purchased songs from iTunes,Qobuz, etc. I am having this issue only with the updated ALAC files. I also restarted my Mac but the issue is still present.

Does someone have an idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Simon

You can try to rebuild the database.

Thanks, alright. Is there a manual or tutorial of how to rebuild the database?

Do the 3 steps

Step 1: passed
Step 2: passed
Step 3: Audirvana crashed at first attempt, when retrying it starts for some seconds but no improvement :frowning:

I’m afraid you’ll have to start over. Delete the Audirvana files a start it again by pointing it to the folder/drive where audio files are stored.

Search the forums, the procedure has been posted few times, or wait for @RunHomeSlow to post the procedure here.

Go to your folders in Audirvana preferences and select all and delete them.

Close Audirvana.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System… When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom… click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not).

Deleting the database will erase all your playlists…
before doing that you may want to export them before, if important.

Restart MAC. Enter Serial. Add a folder of Music… and wait till finish loading.

2 Likes

Has anyone encountered Phonetique’s problem in AS 1.4? I have several hundred ALAC files that play fine in Audirvana 3.5 but always cause AS 1.4. to hang. I tried RunHomeSlow’s clever fix twice, each time to no avail. Thanks for any guidance.