Using Audirvana on a computer with multiple users?

Hi,

The question is, how to install Audirvana on a macOS computer in a way that the same library can be used with two different logins. Actually the Mac in question is the computer for the living room stereo, but my wife and me use different logins to it.

But whenever I start Audirvana in the other login, I have to enter the activation key again.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks

Nope, if 2 users need to use Audirvana on the sane computer you’ll use up your 2 installs.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually using up the two instances of the license would not bother me.

The annoying part is, that I have to enter the activation code every time I switch from one login to the other.

You can try copying the preferences you have on your login Mac
and copy them to your wife login… to see if they stick like it should as 2nd license…

Close Audirvana.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System…
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom…
click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Go to your User folder… Home Folder… Library… Preferences…

Copy those two files with ALT key pressed
while dragging them out of the prefs folder to the desktop.

com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist
and
com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist

Then, send you those two files via email… screen sharing…or switch to other user, i don’t know…
and place them at the same place in your wife user home folder, replace them if they existe there.

Restart Mac, Restart Audirvana, and see on you wife login if it sticked that way.

It appears to be working.

Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.