Wrong sort order album by date added in one install

I have a weird problem with sort album by date added going haywire on one install, but not on other (???).
Set-up. MacPro with latest Audirvana as a music server, sort order is fine.
Satellite MacBook Pro with latest Audirvana, and after syncing library, it suddenly considers a couple of hundred older additions as added today. Tried to reboot app, tried to reselect settings - Sort Criteria - local library albums, but nothing helps. It just insists that older albums were just added.

Really bizarre. Is there some preference file that can be deleted? Anything? Or do I have to uninstall that Audirvana app, and start from scratch?

Have you made any change for those album outside of Audirvana?

No, no changes. That would not explain why one install of Audirvana does it correctly, the other not. Looks to me like a preference file corruption, or similar. Also tried the Maintenance - Check DB integrity & Rebuild Index, but did not help either.

Hello @NiceStrongArm,

Where your track are stored? Are they in a NAS?

See OP. FLAC files stored on a MacPro soup can running Catalina. Sort order is fine on the Audirvana install on that computer. When I connect to music through Wifi on a laptop (MacBook Pro running Catalina), then that install of Audirvana has screwed up date-added sorting. Just checked, it still is screwed up. You seem to be stumped, so that suggests deleting the MacBook Pro Audirvana install and start fresh. Not sure how to properly de-install remove Audirvana so that all the preference files are deleted as well.

You don’t need to reinstall Audirvana, you just need to remove Audirvana database.

To go to it with the Finder:

1.  Open its Go menu

2.  Pressing the option (or alt) key, and maintain it pressed. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu.

3.  Click on this Library command

4.  In the Finder window that opens, navigate into Application Support, then Audirvana

5.  You’ll find there the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite (This is the one for Audirvana 3.5, the other is for the older version 3).

Special Warning : When you delete the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite, you will lose all the Playlists you created in Audirvana. However, you can back-up all those Playlists by exporting them before deleting the database file.

So I tried this, and it is a complete disaster. Now every album is considered as added today, no temporal resolution of when the files were added to the library. Completely worthless. I need to have it restored to that it sorts it by date added to the file directory. “Sorting” by date added to Audirvana is pointless.

I tried copy the library from the correctly temprorally indexed file to the other computer locality, but that does not work because of some reference problem to the server directory.

Hi Damien,

is it possible to re-sort Audirvana date added so that it reads file creation date, instead of file import date? If not, I’ll switch to Roon. Sorry, but this is critical for me.

Hello @NiceStrongArm, have you tried with the Modified date sorting instead?

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.