3.2.20 and Catalina - Cannot import library

I deleted the database due to each music track showing up duplicated. Now I cannot reimport the music. When I try to add a folder to synchronize (+) nothing shows up. When I sync it shows all the albums coming in while syncing ut when finished shows only one album. What am I missing?

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and save them in a folder… when Audirvana is reset, you can re-import them back in one shot. sadly to this day, the folders they were in if so, are not back, you have to do them again…

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System…
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom…
click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Go to Audirvana preferences panel and delete with - sign your music folder(s) there.
Close Audirvana.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not)

Restart Mac. Restart Audirvana, add a music folder when asked or go to prefes again and add one with + sign . LET IT SYNC, even better don’t try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music while it is not finished… you’ll see the progress bar going… Could be long the first time depending on how large your library is, and Mac is fast or not… go to sleep if it is too long :slight_smile:

Then when finished, close Audirvana, yes close it before playing a song
That way you will have your database from scratch saved without crashing or bugs.
Then copy the .sqlite file to somewhere else in a folder as a backup for today. Do this as often you can, if you do many edits in your library or add many CDs, that way if a bug comes back, you’ll have an not so far library to put back in the same place without bugs :slight_smile:

After, reopen Audirvana, and play a song.

" Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not)"

This is what I did to reset the library and delete the duplicate files. That is when everything stopped working. Clicking the +sign and then opening the music folder from iTunes/iTunes Media/Music does nothing. I get no progress bar.

If I click Sync I see all the music flashing as the progress bar is in progress then when finished I have only one music file.

It was working before I deleted the library preference but had duplicate files. I don’t need to update to 3.5 do I?

Are trying method 1 or 2 (itunes) ?

I have tried them both.

1 no response at all

2 goes thru all the albums then only one song in library.

Ok, but you want itunes sync or just a folder of music?

I always says never use itunes :grinning:
There is 2 prefs in itunes to not have copies

You were already with Catalina with 3.2 version…
Catalina needs to have access usually, it ask a question if you want to authorize…
you gave access to that itunes folder? mine is external HD like in picture

iTunes unchecked box to let you organize yourself and not copying elsewhere and itunes at same time…

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 5.23.50 PM

I did have keep media folder organized clicked always have. Tried unclicking.

Now under privacy Audirvana Plus is clicked for “Desktop Folder.” That is where it was pulling the only one file that is coming in. I deleted that music file but still only sees that one.

I can’t click the + to add the music folder for Audirvana as it is greyed out. This may be something.

Thanks for your replies by the way.

you don’t have a backup of your database? time machine or others?

Nope like a dumbshit I deleted it.

i know you have deleted your database and prefs…
but did you do what i wrote up there in order?

If you want to try to big one… i can’t see that you won’t be able to add a folder after.
If you don’t need iTunes, just copy that itunes music folder somewhere else on your mac or better on an external HD… then when Audirvana start new, tell it this folder in Method 1…

Start fresh A+ by deleting those files…

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and
save them in a folder… when A+ is reset, you can re-import them back.
sadly to this day, the folders they were in is not back, you have to do it again…

Before doing this, maybe you should not connect after deleting those files to Roon or others…
Install A+ alone with your database… if working, log to Roon or else after.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System… When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom… click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Close Audirvana

Starting for new A+:
Go to the Main Library Folder… PrivilegedHelperTools folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder… LaunchDaemons Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up!)
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Cookies…
Trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.binarycookies
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Preferences…
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

Restart MAC. This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.
You will surely need your serial number after.

Open Audirvana.
When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo… LET IT GO, even better don’t try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music while it is not finished… you’ll see the progress bar going… Could be long the first time depending on how large your library is, and MAC is fast or not…

I posted that also before, but it is always good to remember it: Everyday that i change something in my Albums Tags in A+ or in my Preferences of Audirvana, i always backup those 2 prefrerences somewhere, if something get corrupted or messed up i put those 2 in their places after having closed A+ and i restart the MAC, and i’m back like before…

Backup that folder (that is your database of music).
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Preferences…
Backup com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences).

And yes All my Smart Playlists are saved ‘Exported’ somewhere too.
Click a Playlist… go to File Menu… Export Playlist… yes one by one.

I did what you wrote up there in order.

I am not worried about playlists and I don’t stream anything. I have my 600 or so CDs that I ripped back in the day.

As per your last post I went thru your process. Again I am on Catalina 10.15. Somewhere in this upgrade things have obviously changed and f’d up Audirvana.

I have no “PrivilegedHelperTools folder.”
I have no “LaunchDaemons Folder”

All of the rest I have. I went thru those and did as instructed.

Serial number asked for and input.
Same thing. When clicking the + and adding the Music folder contents nothing happens.

I am wondering why the m4a files are all greyed out. Have never looked this far before because I haven’t had this problem.

After this I wen’t through your list again and uninstalled Audirvana, emptied trash and restarted. I then reinstalled and same thing.
Nothing when I click the +.
Trying 2nd to Sync it goes through all the albums I have then comes up with the one album but no songs. The one that was on the desktop that I have since deleted. I have used disk utility to rebuild many times during these past two day also.,
Your vast knowledge is appreciated. This is frustrating. Not as much as when I couldn’t get my Levinson amplifier serviced by the factory, which I gave up on.simple up til now. No ones fault. I think it has to do with Apples upgrade and some sort of permissions.

I find this platform so enjoyable and relatively

so that music folder with all your groups is where? in itunes media thing ?
create a folder anywhere else and call it songs or wharever for the moment and drag 10 Cds from your other music folder… then try to add the new one to Audirvana…

Yes failed to mention I did that also. Clicking the + creates no results.

no, create and empty folder on your Desktop… call it SONGS (not important) drag 10 albums from your actual music folder (copy 10 CDs) in that new folder on Desktop. Then open Audirvana and click + sign to add a library in preferences and choose that SONGS folder to sync and see if it is still grey.

if it is still grey, something must be locked somewhere…
are they albums downloaded from Apple ?

Downloaded from Apple, thankfully no. Have two that are what a nightmare. Did as said and still grey.

I went in and gave Audirvana full disc access. Just don’t know where else to go?

Did you just upgraded you 3.2.x Audirvana before it get screwed?, maybe a bug now with Catalina… @Antoine ?