Add Streaming Services

It would be great if you could add accounts for other streaming services, like YouTube Music, Spotify, TuneIn, SiriusXM Internet Radio, Apple Music, Amazon Music, etc.

I am happy that Audirvana has established itself as a high quality audio streaming interface. It would be nice to integrate additional streaming services to take advantage of library selections and playlists that other services may have that Tidal or Qobuz may not. Even if the streaming quality is of lower bit rates it is better to have the missing selections available than to not have the music at all. If there is an effort to add other services I would like to see it not at the cost of a confusing, bloated or reduced performance interface.

1 Like

I especially think Amazon Music HD should be added. Their HD service fits with the idea of high-quality streaming and downloads, and it one of the larger streaming services.

2 Likes

+1 for Amazon Music HD. And Qobuz is not available in some country like Canada.

I would welcome an integration with YouTube music. I personally believe that high-fi streaming like Tidal are mostly eyewash. Both YTMusic and Spotify premium offer a straming quality of 320 bpm, above what the level at which the human ear can perceive a difference. Not to mention that most historical rock and jazz albums are poorly remastered nowadays, and hi-fi streaming services make no exception: even with the most supreme steraming quality, you are still listening to music that has a non optimal (if not mediocre) dynamic range. This won’t change until people appreciate what the loudness war is about.

Tidal and Qobuz and Amazon HD and Deezer and Apple Music is more like ear wash and ear wax removal compare to YouTube music and Spotify :rofl:

4 Likes

I’d like to see Amazon Music added.

I’ve been comparing Spotify and the combination of AS and Qobuz. Same music of course.
AS and Qobuz sound way better compared to Spotify at max settings.

Definately a difference between a 320 kbit mp3 compared to a high bitrate flac.

1 Like

On Spotify it’s Ogg Vorbis, another lossy format.

I would guess that companies such as Spotify (Hi-Fi quality coming someday), and Apple probably won’t allow 3rd party players to integrate with their streaming services. Both of those companies rely on the overall experience to sell the product, so they keep very tight control over all aspects when they can. I could be wrong and I’ll be pleasantly surprised if I am. :smirk:

Amazon Music HD might offer an integration at some point, but it might take a while if they’re already pulling in the revenue stream from the service that they expected. They’re not likely to allocate the human resources to code and maintain the integration points if it doesn’t provide immediate and substantial financial benefits to the company. That’s just their business model.

As for the others that don’t offer at least Hi-Fi (CD quality), I guess they could add something to the overall library of available services. Then again, if there are duplicate tracks of high and low quality, it could get a bit more difficult to manage overall without some additional visual clues in search results and other features.

Apple announced that it will offer the API to third party developers to integrate Apple Music in their player. Apple will even offer the developers a percentage of the subscription fee, if users will subscribe to Apple Music through their player.
So we should expect, sooner or later, plenty of cheap good sounding players on the Mac Store and MS Store.

The other good news is that Apple will release a new player in the beginning of next year that will be especially designed for classical music. (management of metadata, browsing, bios, etc.)

And of course, Apple will offer the player for free. No need to buy a license or to pay a subscription for it.

1 Like

I’m no expert on this but Amazon HD is already available on other players other than Amazon’s own app. Sonos, BluOS, Apple CarPlay and Porsche Connect all have some form of integration with Amazon Music.

I’ve used Amazon for some time and the audio quality and catalogue is right up there with the best.

1 Like

MS Store? Who cares about MS Store? Dear Doudou, most of the Windows users don’t care about/use MS Store. Windows is not Apple or Android. PC users usually download installers from official/software sites without using/care about any store. Actually AS is the only app that I ever used who needs a component from store - App Installer. And that russian player. And Xbox, but I don’t play games so I don’t care.

You can also get TuneBrowser from the MS Store.

As I have Amazon Prime, Amazon offers me free access to their streaming service, but I never listen to it.

The free service you get with Prime is not the full Amazon Music/HD service which has an excellent catalogue and sounds comparable to Qobuz.

I use Amazon, Qobuz and Tidal and whilst Qobuz has the better sound quality (far better than Tidal imo) their catalogue has some gaps.

I know that Amazon Prime is a restricted version of their streaming service. But even if it granted full access, I don’t think that I would use it nor the other streaming services.
I have a lot of music of my own, and when I have time to listen to an album or two, I prefer to listen to my own collection.

Now Apple offers me 6 months of free access to Apple Music and their Hi Res streaming. As it is free, I’ll accept the gift, but I’m not sure that I will listen a lot to their catalog.