Airplay when using Windows & Audirvana?

Hello.
I am currently running the demo version of Audirvana to find out if it’s something for me.
I am running it on a Mac but if I decide to buy it I’d like to run it on a headless Windows PC.

So now I have a few questions:

1. how do I switch to airplay devices using the Ipad app if runnging Audirvana on a Mac
  2. and how would I do this if using a Windows PC and again using the Ipad app

I am just asking because I find it quite inconvenient to select the airplay device using the Mac itself ( through the volume control ).

Thanks a lot for your answers.
Cheers
Thomas

First turn on your Airplay device and let it initialize, then select Airplay for audio output on your iPad like this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202809
Then launch Audirvana on the Mac, click the speaker icon in the lower right corner of your Audirvana display and you’ll see Airplay on the list of available outputs.
Sorry can’t help you with your question about Audirvana running on a Windonws PC, always use a Mac. - cheers

Thanks for your help, TomJ.
Sounds a bit inconvenient…
Cheers
Thomas

Hmm…not much going on here.
Seems quite difficult to answer how to stream to airplay devices using audirvana for Windows.
Anyone?
Cheers
Thomas

Use Airfoil App: It allows Airplay to work seamlessly with Audirvana: Once Airfoil is installed on your mac or Pc You can sync it with any of major audio apps. I use it with Audirvana on a Mac Mini and Amarra on a MBP. It finds all your airplay devices and you can play 1 or all the airplay devices at the same time. There is a companion app for your ios device called Airfoil Satellite. This gives your ios device control of Audirvana without using the computer to control airplay device selection, playback or volume. Of course the computer still needs to be on but it frees you from using it to control all the functions of playback and volume. The 1 drawback is that you have to use itunes integrated mode which supposedly loses some sound quality because Audirvana is running along side itunes and is using Apples remote app to control the mechanics of playback such as play, pause, track forward, and music selection. But sometimes you have to give up a little to enjoy the benefits of multi airplay device playback. I have been using this setup for about 8 years and it works flawlessly as long as your network is robust.

Unfortunately the Airfoil for Windows has been retired.

https://rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/windows/