Albums Doubling

Here is a screenshot of some albums in my library:

Not only are my albums doubling up, but one copy has bright lettering while the other copy has dark lettering. The same situation exists for the listed songs in an album.

I deleted Audirvana 3.5 as suggested by another person in the forum, but that has not ended the problem. I do not play music every day, but this situation began within the last month.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

That bug for me is the plague of Audirvana… (too heavy word ‘plague’ ??) :slight_smile:

just this week some songs from old albums not touch for years just appeared in my recent albums… i put it at 30 days, so easy to see something added… two songs from a Camel CD and one song from a Gong CD… why? when i click once on it… the path change to volume/…my music…
that one went grey while if i go to the album i had now two more songs in the track view and one added on the Gong album too… grey path added, can’t play it or delete it…

But, found out that if i go to the menu bar on left, on Tracks View and add in the layout ‘Audio File Location’ i can see those also with the Volume/ path. then i can on that tab to see album album by file location… seeing my music folder, reclick on the file location tab and all the 3 song with volume/ were at first… select first the then last, right click, i could put them in the trash…

Since i only have three songs, i copied those 2 complete CDs out of my library, not just the 2 and 1 songs, the folder. then i went in library tab in the prefs of Audirvana and could empty the trash there… said yes, delete permanently the files… irreversible, SO DON’T FORGET TO COPY THEM BEFORE OUT of the sync folder.

Then, i restart computer, restart Audirvana, and add those 2 albums again.

If you have many many like it seems in your picture, you are pretty screwed, you are better trashing your database and start new…

Before trashing it, go to library tab and export or backup at the end of that page, your favorites and playlists… then go up that page and remove the sync folder(s) with minus sign… all your music will disappear (not for real this time, just the database).

then close Audirvana and delete the .sqlite file that you can see the path where it is standing in your computer… move it to trash. restart Mac, restart Audirvana, add a music folder and let it sync, when it is finished, restore your favorites and playlists file that you saved earlier, then, close Audirvana and go back to the location of the .sqlite file brand new and without bugs and copy it somewhere on your computer as a today’s backup… do that often… you’ll never know when it will hits you again…

trashing the database affect the play count of your albums… they will be at zero play…
not so important, but i hate losing that…
my two albums were later then 1970, so, i can’t be sure if the 1970 bug and lower dates, will also be affected form your album date tag… losing all albums dates released before 1970 is a nasty bug also, when you have many jazz albums and many 1960’, 1950’s music.

It’s possible that the conversion of the database file of the 3.5 version to Audirvāna Origin had an issue during the conversion process.

Can you remove your AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite file?

Special Warning: When you delete the file AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite, you will lose all the Playlists and Favorites you created in Audirvāna Origin.

However, you can back up all those Playlists and Favorites by going to the Local section of Audirvāna Origin.

To go to it with the Finder:

1. On your keyboard, press the ⇧ ⌘ L keys at the same time.
  2. In the Finder window that opens, navigate into Application Support, then Audirvana
  3. You’ll find there the file AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite

After doing this, move the AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite (this is the version 3.5 database) to a different location like your Desktop.

Finally, open Audirvāna Origin and sync your folder to check if you still have your issue. If you don’t have it anymore, you can restore your playlists and favorites.

Hello,

I pressed Up Arrow, Command, and L at the same time as you suggested, but nothing happened. Under Go in Finder, this combination of characters does not appear as an option.

When I bought my M1 Mac mini, I ordered the smallest internal SSD because I intended to use my old Mac’s large internal SSD as an external SSD. As I recall, I was not given the opportunity to select a location for the Origin files when I ordered the software. The Origin app itself is located on the Mac’s internal SSD, but I cannot find any other Audirvana files anywhere in my system.

Would it make sense for me to uninstall and reinstall Origin? If yes, how do I uninstall the app?Thanks.

Try this?

1. Open the Finder Go menu
  2. Pressing the option (or alt) key, and maintain it pressed. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu.
  3. Click on this Library command
  4. In the Finder window that opens, navigate into Application Support, then Audirvana
  5. You’ll find there the file AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite

Removing the database file will have the same effect as uninstalling and reinstalling Audirvāna Origin. If however, you want to do this, you need to left-click on the Audirvāna Origin icon in the Application folder and then select the “Move to Bin” option.

You can get the latest version of Audirvāna Origin on your account at https://my.audirvana.com

Good morning,

Audirvana seems to be working fine now. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like