Albums with same title show under multiple artists

Hello, I have 4 albums from different artists with the title “Greatest Hits” (Foo Fighters, Neil Young, Queen, and Alice in Chains).

If I search and then filter on “Foo Fighters” and click on the “Greatest Hits” album it shows all tracks for all 4 albums.

Likewise, filtering by the other artists is the same.

I have attempted to set “Album Artist” in the metadata as a solution, but it did not work.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone else experiencing this or can replicate it?

Rename the Album Title instead… Queen Greatest Hits… Neil Young Greatest Hits…
and leave the Artist and Artist album with there respect name

I appreciate the workaround suggestion, thanks.

Hi all, i’m trying and testing Audirvana, actually I’m using iTunes, I like how iTunes show the Library; the artists, albums, genres and so on. I see a little difference between iTunes and Audirvana.

I have the same problem, there are repeated albums, I have my collection ordered like:

Genre/Artist/Album

Audirvana, show me the Library using my first directory Level (Genre), and then show me all the albums inside each genre (first directory level). Between all these albums, sometimes, there are albums from other directory (genre), because the album title is the same.

I don’t want to re-tag all my collection because there are some albums with the same album title. There are more tags to separate not only album title.

In my collection, I have 32 albums called Anthology and 98 albums called Greatest Hits. But there are more repeated titles even if only once.

If original album is called “Time” (ELO and Fleetwood Mac has one) I don’t want to retag them like “Time (ELO)” and “Time (Fleetwood Mac)”.

Are there any other solution? Maybe re-order my Library is the solution using Artis/Album and deleting the Genre?

I like the Genre order, because I tie together all artist with the same kind of music.

I show you an example. Like you can see, Audirvana show one album called “Grandes Exitos”, but if you take a look into the PATH column, you will see that there are songs from different albums called “Grandes Exitos” from other artists.

Thanks.

I think I solved the problems. Deleting Audirvana completely and restore it again. Now it seems that albums are not mixed. I’m using Audirvana 3.5.20