Analyzing Audio Files Never Ends

Support responded and asked me to remove some old cue sheet files which pointed to wav files while I converted them to flac. I removed these files, the library analysis started and stopped in the middle with false information about progression and need to stop the AS application by killing the app…

The support needs to do some extra efforts as still buggy as ever. Let’s see if they are going to support further.

Maybe some users would find the artist suggestions quite useful but I don’t really use it. That approach seems to be what many find attractive in Roon which I have never tried. It appears
many bugs still persist but at least you got a response from support.

I think that this feature may have a secondary purpose. As Qobuz makes you suggestions of artists and albums that you do not have in your library, in case you buy from Qobuz the album that is suggested to you, it’s possible that Audirvana receives a percentage on the sale. (Same thing for Roon.)

Good point. I have purchased downloads from Qobuz although not because of AS recommendations but could see that happening with AS users in certain situations.

It’s also possible that they receive a percentage for whatever music you buy through, suggested or not.

1 Like

Well, it’s near the end of October 2021 and it seems the Forever Analyzer is still living up to its name. I purchased Audirvana a day ago and am just now setting up. It has my NUC10i7 running hotter than it ever has. Even as I speak I’ve been forced to shut it down. Temp on core ‘‘0’’ at 100C, with the others in close pursuit! The temp monitor had started to flash red warning signs. Within seconds of shutdown the temps retreating.
Even though the NUC is in a fanless Akasa Turing case it has never come anywhere close to such high temps when running Euphony or Daphile, rarely getting past the mid 40s even when my system is playing loud, and idling in the low/mid 30s.
The only other time I’ve had high temp problems was when I experimented for a few days with Volumio.
I’ve been chasing quite a few of these premium music programs over the past year, and each seems to have its own particular set of demons. For me, Daphile has been the most hassle free. A couple of weeks ago, just before Audirvana, I bought JPlay. A bunch of the golden ears were proclaiming it’s far better than Euphony, but on my system it was worse.
What I hate about Euphony is its crappy library service, and how it totally screws up the filing. So I was hoping Audirvana would fix that. Instead, it’s trying to burn down my new house. :smile:

Hello @organics1,

What kind of files do you have in the folder you synchronized with Studio? Do you have a lot of DSD, ISO files?

I have roughly 350GB of music files on a 500GB M.2 internal drive. About 10% are DSD and WAV, with DSD being the preponderance of them.

Can you send us a copy of the “Debug Info” when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account

Please remove the line corresponding to your logged-in account to avoid displaying your email address and first name/last name publicly.

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

While awaiting replies I began stripping the drive of DSD and WAV files, which turned out to be close to twice what I’d estimated, thanks to a handful of huge DSD classical recordings and anthologies. The overheating issue immediately went away.
Issue fixed as far as I’m concerned, but if you want me to do further explorations…

Do you mean you had a terabyte of DSD? When it comes to DSD files, the analysis can take a some time but with a terabyte of DSD, the analysis can be seen as taking forever.

You can see the first track being analyzed when you open Studio by opening the audirvana.log file.

It can be in two different locations :
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-[… id number that can vary]\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana

to show AppData folder:

No, not a terabyte of DSD. I meant that about 20% of the 350GB music file contained DSDs and WAVs—or about 70GB. But again, once I stripped them all out the overheating problem went away.