Another user who asks for the same ! (Fab Filter Pro Q3)

Good morning,

I only request what many have asked before, and it has never been resolved decently … the problem is that the FabFilter Pro Q3 plugin realtime functions do not work …

Over and over again the point is made that this happens … and they never fix it …

For many of us that plugins (FabFilter plugins) is important because it is perhaps the best …

Please fix Audirvana Studio so that all functions of FabFilter plugins are displayed (real time) … or at least offer a REAL SOLUTION …

By the way I have two computers, one ‘‘Laptop Dell Windows 11’’ … and another ‘‘Desktop Intel NUC Windows 10’’ … and in both I have the same problem …

Finally say that I have the latest version of Audirvana Studio, the latest version of FabFilter Pro Q3 … and the drivers of my computers are updated … the problem is clearly Audirvana …

Thanks in advance for any REAL SOLUTION you can give me …

I use Audirvana more than 15 months. Q3 never worked on Audirvana. I don’t know that you tested when switched off realtime ? I think that it also will not work. I have tested many times in realtime and not realtime Q3 never worked on Audirvana.

P.S. I have tested on different computers, W10 x64 and W11 .

What do the FabFilter folks say about this?
Do you not get real-time control with a basic playback of files less than or equal to 196kHz and no up-sampling?
:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

2 Likes

I am wondering if this is a specific issue with FabFilter Pro Q3 or other contributing factors… Are your systems connected directly from a PC to a DAC via USB? Because if you are using something like a streamer via UPnP you would definitely have issues with “realtime” control…
I use a MacBook Pro and have no issues with using several plugins like the HangLoose Convolver for Room Correction and/or several other plugins that do Room Simulations via IR as well as other EQ engines when directly connect to a DAC… However, when connected via UPnP to a streamer I do not enjoy “realtime” interactiveness, although the plugins do continue to provide their service(s) given their configured presets… By the way, I have been using Audirvana for several years now and plugins have always worked in “realtime” when directly connected to DACs and continue working via UPnP without “realtime” interactivity…

And… UPnP is layered on top of TCP/IP and TCP/IP is very definitely not a real-time protocol… Its the nature of the beast…

1 Like

MacBook Pro, not windows but it’s been working fine. USB, No dsd upsampling for real-time.

Must be a windows only issue? Maybe @Antoine can answer this question.

1 Like

An interesting test on windoz would be to run Audirvana’s output to the PCs own internal sound system/speaker(s)… This also works on my 2015 MacBook Pro…

Hello everyone, receive a cordial greetings.

Thank you very much for all your answers!!

I speak Spanish and my English is very deficient… that’s why I’m not going to answer promptly one for one … I wish I could do it as you deserve, friends!

With that being said, I want to add the following:

1. The problem is only on Windows … we already know that these plugins work well on Mac … Apple users can relax :slightly_smiling_face:

2. Going through the messages, I can’t find a real solution…it’s a real problem that Audirvana has been dragging along since forever…and it has always been requested to fix it…

3. I don’t use UPNP at the moment… it would be good to start at the beginning… that the plugins work , and then think about other functions like UPNP and other things…

4. What I want is for the programmers to show up… to make them a little embarrassed and finally fix this problem…

5. I remember that before the same owner of Audirvana (I don’t remember his name), filled with questions those who asked for the same thing…and the problem persists… ever !! … now I expect something similar…but with real results…

I will keep waiting for a real solution for the problem from the developer people…

Thanks again everyone, and apologies for my poor and daring English friends!! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just downloaded a free EQ plugin (Melda Production MEqualizer) on my PC that is running Windoz 10 and, as expected, the plugin runs in realtime when using the internal system sound system and speakers via Audirvana Studio… And will not run in “realtime” across wired (ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) via UPnP to my streamer and DAC… I don’t normally run Audirvana on this PC…

I would consider it bad form to make the developers a little embarrassed… However, you might provide more information about your exact configuration and connectivity…

Thanks for your suggestion… I know there are other plugins out there… but that’s not the point…

Here I am talking about FabFilter plugins…

Regarding the other … I hope the developers are a bit embarrassed … really … rudeness is ignoring people who ask you for something … for which you gladly pay month by month … .

I keep waiting for a solution…

I just downloaded the free 30 day trial of FabFilter Pro Q3 plugin on my Windows 10 PC and it seems to do everything in “realtime” except the Spectrum Analyzer… All other functions I briefly tested seem to work in “realtime” as expected… As I don’t usually run Audirvana on this PC so I can’t say for sure if there may be something cross configured with the various system sound software being that I have the on motherboard sound system as well as two Nvidia GFX cards each with their own sound processors as well… I will note that other plugins that have spectrum analyzer do function as expected… I’ll have another look at this tomorrow with fresh eyes…

Thank you very much for taking the time to do the tests and answer Ddude003 … it is appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

When I was referring to real time, that is what I really meant: the spectrum analyzer and that type of graphic functions do not work. … that is the precise problem … but the plugin works well equalizing.

I love Audirvana, but I also love FabFilter Pro Q3 …

I will be attentive to your tests… because all of mine have been in vain.

Thanks again :+1:

What I have found is that Pro-Q version 1.23 the Analyzer works… In version 2.24 the Analyzer does NOT work and in version 3.22 the Analyzer does not work… All other functions of the GUI do seem to function and any EQ applied in realtime is applied to the output signal… My guess at this point is that there were some changes to all the FabFilter plugins (I tested the compressor too) possibly having to do with additional multichannel sound (read immersive/3D, Dolby Atmos, etc)…

I wonder what the plans are for Audirvana to support any of the up and coming immersive processing platforms…

Maybe @Antoine can give us some insight as to what’s going on here…

1 Like

Thank you Ddude003,

Obviously Audirvana lacks polish in many aspects, and one of these is the implementation of the plugins… but with the interest shown by the developers, I doubt they care.

For my part, I will appreciate going back to jRiver, which is a much more polished software than Audirvana in this regard, and they answer to the users always

At 50 years old I am no longer begging for attention… I just retire… I don’t waste time…

Thanks friend for your help!! … greetings from Costa Rica !!

Interesting that you blame Audirvana when clearly my tests show that changes in FabFilter Pro-Q as well as other plugins by FabFilter, between version 1.23 and 2.24 and beyond, are the issue… And I have several stereo plugins that have realtime analyzers that function properly… Good luck…

I was thinking the same thing, perhaps giving FabFilter a email. Maybe he already did? Doing a rollback isn’t a horrible thing either.

Well its a pretty display I guess… I personally don’t like the FabFilter Pro Q GUI… I prefer a more analogue workflow style like the Manley Massive Passive or the GML 8200 for instance, realtime analyzer or not… I’m old school, I listen to music in stereo… Sure, I have a 7.1 system for home theatre and don’t need additional DSP for that… BTY, the rev 1.23 is from 2013…

I use Audirvana 3.5.51 & Studio. On Win & MAC. Fabfilter real- Time display works only on Mac and the 3.5.51 Version on Windows.

Tried contact the Audirvana and Fabfilter Support, but I think they woun’t help us.
Wait since one year of a solution…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.