Anyone experience with playing BBC Radio 3 in 320 kbps HD sound?

That is strange (though good for you!). Do you get this stream with the Radio 3 station or with a dedicated URL added with the ‘+’ button? (Neither works for me, but perhaps I am doing something wrong. Antoine seems to suggest there is an error in the streams offered by their provider Airable…

Customized Filtering:

• Bandwidth: Bandwidth – exclude high or low bandwidth stations depending on the type of use
  • Quality – exclude stations do not meet criteria for reliability, and sound quality
  • Group – show stations in a content network or ownership network

Perhaps Audirvāna has not had a chance to define what the parameters of quality and selection of material should be. The current curated list of “High Quality “ stations comes up short when you search and see what’s available. Audiophile Quality is out there. Perhaps it’s a bandwidth issue? I suppose that’s a possible thing.

Yes, hopefully Antoine will be able to look into this.
BTW, just out of curiosity, which VPN do you use? I am in the UK but use VPN when I’m abroad.

You probably know, but you have to turn on VPN (UK) before you start Studio. Then you will see two options; the lower and the higher resolution options.

Donald

Yes, I know. As described above I can see the two streams (AAC and mp3) alright, but when i choose AAC and click play, Studio says it’s loading but nothing will happen. Or in the end it will just play the mp3 stream. Which VPN do you use?

To summarize the issue, we have two stream coming from BBC 3 radio when you are located in the UK.

This one works as it should since it’s the mp3 radio stream (available worldwide)

http://stream.live.vc.bbcmedia.co.uk/bbc_radio_three

But this other one is the link that airable get from BBC three for the aac version which retrieve a 404 even if you are in the UK:

http://stream.live.vc.bbcmedia.co.uk/bbc_radio_three_hd

@hans020, I reached out to airable and they told me to directly contact BBC three about this issue since the link is offline and there is maybe an issue on BBC side. I’m waiting for a response from them.

Hello Antoine, yes I realize the bbc 3 issue is only a singular issue. My point is that we need to massage the parameters in order to get properly curated results from the supplier. For example on my local results when I’m in Southern California its full of public safety and amateur radio repeaters definitely not what I need thru my audio system plus you can’t read the labels with the icon size. I can give you some more thoughts on this when you are ready to address it if you would like

Not sure this statement is correct @Antoine. I’m in the UK and the stream looks fine to me:

1 Like

This is becoming really strange then. When you click on the hd link I gave you, are you able to access to the radio in hd?

Not that I need to listen to them but Los Angeles County … WHAT?
These are FM Repeater comms

One of Long Beach best station, I just the do url paste because the offering is not too great

That must sound great, I have only the mp3 128 choice. OK for speech but not music

Hi @Antoine

No, the link doesn’t work. In fact it doesn’t even open a web page.

Working in so cal with Norton vpn……cool

I use Private Internet Access (PIA)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.