App Installer Failed

I’d like to try Audirvana, but on trying to install the app I get the following error on my Win 10 PC “App Installer failed to install package dependencies. Ask the developer for Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop package” Is there an easy fix without having to change my windows setup or is there a download so I don’t have to use the MS installer ??

Can you install this package using this link? https://aka.ms/Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.Desktop.appx

Thanks, have run that but I now get a different error message “App installation failed with error message: Requested range not satisfiable (416). (0x801901a0)” Any other ideas?

Have you enabled a firewall in your computer?

I’ve just tried disabling the windows defender firewall and my anti virus to see if that was causing the issue but I still get the error message above. It could well be that my version of Windows 10 needs to be updated to be compatible, as a matter of course I don’t run the Windows 10 updates and prefer to have my own security and backup plan. I take it there is no Audirvana exe file to download and run only this installer route?

You are right about it, you can only install Audirvana using this installer. Are you in Windows 10 2004?

I’m running Windows 10 Pro version 1803 which was released in 2018 I think. I’m not prepared to change this operating system to trial Audirvana, so guess I’ll have to try again when I do eventually replace my current set up. Shame there is no other install option, the fact that Microsoft won’t work with it is par for the course fot their flaky apps…

1 Like

Actually it sucks so much I would like to have money back. Have the same issue, reinstal windows for audio player…??

Sorry Audirvana, but this sucks… Going back to winamp

Cheers

Hello @tonsektor,

We never said that you have to reinstall Windows 10 to install Audirvana. If you have this error, it’s related to the version of Windows 10 you have, you just need to update it and App-installer will work properly.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.