Apple music support

How do I get apple music on audirvana and if there is no way, when will audirvana support it? Apple music now supports lossless and I want to switch from Tidal. Please respond to this message since there seems to be no customer support in sight.

Thanks,

Jake

4 Likes

I’m hoping for Apple Music integration as well. Since I have both Apple One And Qobuz. It’s a double sub.

But knowing Apple, I think it’s unlikely that they will allow it.

2 Likes

Anyone who wants Apple integration into Audirvana’s streaming services should contact Apple.
Posting here will achieve nothing.
That said, don’t hold your breath. Apple (along with Spotify and others) are notorious for not ‘sharing’ their shit with any other companies, but for keeping everything ‘in-house’ as much as they can.
Good luck, though, seriously!

2 Likes

There is some support coming in iOS 15, macOS 12 etc for Apple Music integration using the MusicKit framework.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/MusicKit/

The documentation is still very spotty, but from what I see so far integrating apps are supposed to use a subclass of a built in MusicPlayer for playback, such as this:
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/musickit/applicationmusicplayer

I.e. the Apple Music API does not give access to the music stream URL directly, like Qobuz for example. Audirvana would likely want access to the song’s URL to get the bitstream and do its thing to it.

2 Likes

Which is why I bought Audirvana originally, because it is not Apple. And allowed me to control my own music collection how I choose. As for streaming, newspeak for radio!

Hm it sounds to me like this may be worthless to switch to apple then because tidal on Audirvana sounds better than coming from a phone as a source. I’m not about to buy a streamer just so I can enjoy extra convenience lol. Hell I’m not even sure Apple Music works with most streamers.

I’ve been testing Audirvana, Qobuz and Apple Music here.

At first on my daily laptop. A Lenovo running Windows 10.
iTunes sounds dull and bland. It can’t match Audirvana or Qobuz’s own Windows app.
So for me on Windows Qobuz or the combination of Audirvana + Qobuz (WASAPI) definitely win when it comes to sound quality. App wise iTunes, to me at least, seems like a dinosaur. Clunky and slow.

After testing on my Windows laptop. I’ve hooked up my good old 2017 MacBook Air running on macOS 11.4 Big Sur.

Things are a bit different. Sound quality wise Audirvana wins hands down. But I can’t hear a difference between Qobuz or Apple Music when using their respective apps. Apple’s Music app on the Mac is far superior to iTunes.

One of the tracks I’ve been testing with is one of my all-time favorites.

When it comes to my hardware/hifi setup. Nothing fancy at all. My good old Philips FR 966 receiver, a set of RankArena speakers, JVC subwoofer and a Terratec Aureon 7.1 USB external sound card. I love listening to music, but I don’t consider myself an audiophile :slight_smile:

So yeah. For now I’ll stick to Audirvana + Qobuz since I have a yearly sub on both. But if Apple keeps improving that might very well change in the future.

Hey, I have Tidal HiFi, Qobuz & Apple Music on my Android phone.
Tidal & Qobuz is off course integrated in AS & Roon.
But I agree it would be super nice if Apple Music was supported by Audirvana Studio since they have gone Lossless+Dolby Atmos.
I still think Audirvana Studio is the best cause it can play all my Lossless files including Cuesheet.
Roon does not have as many bugs as AS, but I am confident that future updates will fix this.

As already said in other topics it depends on when Apple will make available the api to let AM integration possible
As of now api doesn’t exist hence the integration is impossible

2 Likes

Thanks @stefano_mbp for clarifying that. :wink:

I stream from MacBook to Sonore Microrendu it sounds at least as good as tidal via Audirvana and is more stable (by miles).

Interesting. And what player do you use for that?

In addition, Apple announces that it will launch early next year a new player especially for classical music lovers.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.