Aqua LinQ with HQplayer no sound

Honestly I can’t understand the test. I normally play with Audirvana with headphones plugged into my MacBook Pro. However, I notice that Audirvana finds HQplayer which is a module in the Aqua LinQ. I tried playing through it. The panel lights up on the LinQ. The light for the resolution lights up on the Aqua Formula DAC. No sound comes out. The DAC sends the sound to the PSAudio Preamp. It may be that the device setting for volume is not right somewhere. My system is set for the preamp to control the volume and that is what I want it to do. Normally these components are turned on by a Roon Nucleus (I don’t use Roon with my headphones because it doesn’t sound nice unless I plug them into the preamp and I want to sit in a recliner with my Macbook). Thus I also don’t want to plug the computer into something over there (the DAC it would need to be). It sounds nicer with the LinQ, too.

Hi @st.nsw,

Can you send us a copy of the “Debug Info” when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

For reasons I cannot fathom, this time it plays and there is sound. Volume is controlled by me through the slider on Audirvana. How do I ask it, should I wish to, to be controlled through the pre-amp?

Possibly the LinQ was earlier “commanded” by the Nucleus (ethernet). This time, after I was able to play through the LinQ by wifi it would not work right with the Nucleus (very faint sound). Had to turn it off and on again. Then it worked.