Audiodata Analysis does not stop since ages

Hi and good day,
i am a 3.5 user since some years and switched new to AS now. I did a one year subscription and a total fresh setup from Audirvana studio. So i built a fresh database and did a clean start.
Now i am bit concerned about my music data at my Synology NAS. Audirvana Studio built a new sqlite database and i can see my album cover art, but something strange happens in the background.

I do have 3282 Flac and MQA Albums with 56360 titles at 1,88 Terabytes. The audiodata analysis does not stop anymore. It is running since 2 days and i can’t see a progress bar or a log file, what’s exactly happening or doing at the moment. I read in the forum it is doing a compare with Musicbrainz, but i don’t want that cause i have perfect tagged music. How can i stop or opt-out this behaviour from Audirvana studio please? How long does it need to finish? It should stop now please, i don’t want that new tags or compare or analysis.

I have recognized that the audio analysis changed the data entrys of my local files at synology. All folders have actual calender date now, so it is not synchron to my external mirror backup anymore. I never asked for that feature, cause now i have a big problem in future. The folder entrys are differ from the folders on my backup server. So how can i synchronize that now in future? With Audirvana 3.5. everything was fine, there was no change on my local files, it never did. That Audirvana Studio should warn before changing anything at local data files or change calender date entry from my folders. I can’t find an opt-out switch to stop that or to avoid that. It just should build a fresh sqlite database without any analysis or changing at my NAS. :frowning:

If Audirvana Studio messed up my locals now since days, i am lost. I need to rebuild everything again and playback my backup from server to get the old status like it was before Audirvana Studio. Thanks god, i did a backup at external mirror server from my locals, so it could be restored.

But i don’t want to use Audirvana Studio with that analysis feature. So it is total useless to me and i subscribed for one year now. I am really not happy at the moment. The old V3.5 was perfect to me and now i regret the upgrade to AS, cause i don’t trust a software wich is changing my local file data, without warning and asking before.
How can i stop that analysis or opt-out in future, cause i am really concerned that feature destroyed my complete locals. I will stop using Audirvana Studio and switch back to V3.5. my money for one year subscription is lost anyway. But i cant live with a software wich is changing my perfect tagged files, thats a no go to me and a total showstopper.
My iMac Pro is running at full power since days. What should i do now?

Please apologize my poor english, i am from germany and an older guy. I am not good in english.

Thank you very much for reading and helping me
Tom

Issues:
Database Audiofile Analysis since 2 days
Database Audiofile Analysis does not stop - no progress bar
Audirvana Studio changed my local files data to actual calendar date and time
Local Files at my Synology NAS now differ to the Mirror backup
No Opt Out found or Stop switch to stop that Analysis
Computer runs at full power since scanning and analysis

LOG File:

OS Monterey / 32 gig RAM / Xeon Workstation / iMac Pro
Audirvana Studio 1.8.5 (10805)

macOS 12.0.1 with 32GB physical RAM

Connected account: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

SIGNAL PROCESSING:

Polarity Inversion:
	Globally: OFF
	Per track: ON
Effects plugins NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:
r8brain not in use
r8brain filter parameters
Bandwidth = 99.5%
Stop band attenuation 218dB
Phase linear

AUDIO VOLUME:
Max allowed volume: 100
Replay Gain: None
SW volume control: OFF

LIBRARY SETTINGS:
Sync list: 2 folders
AUTO: /Volumes/music/Flac Server
AUTO: /Volumes/music/MQA Server
iTunes/Music library synchronization: not synchronized
Library database path: /Users/tom/Library/Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite

Remote Control server:
Listening on 127.0.0.1 on port 50960

ACTIVE STREAMING SERVICES
TIDAL: Connected as HIFI

=================== AUDIO DEVICE ========================

CoreAudio audio path, buffer I/O frame size: 512

Max. memory for audio buffers: 29696MB
Exclusive access: Enabled
Integer mode: Enabled

Preferred device:
AirPlay
Model UID:xxxxxxxxxx-2082711xxxxxxx002-Audio
UID:xxxxxxxxx -26002-Audio

Active Sample Rate: 44.1kHz
Hog Mode is off

Bridge settings:
Sample rate limitation: none
Sample rate switching latency: none
Limit bitdepth to 24bit: OFF
Mute during sample rate change: ON

Selected device:
Local audio device
ID 0x53 iMac Pro-Lautsprecher
Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
Model Name: Apple Inc. iMac Pro-Lautsprecher
Model UID: Speaker
UID: BuiltInSpeakerDevice

4 available sample rates up to 96000Hz
Audio buffer frame size : 14 to 4096 frames
Current I/O buffer frame size : 512
Volume Control
Physical: Yes
Virtual: Yes
MQA capability
Auto-detect MQA devices: Yes
Not a MQA device, user set to MQA Renderer
DSD capability: Unhandled
Device audio channels
Preferred stereo channels L:1 R:2
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1

Audio channels in use
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No
Simple stereo device: Yes

1 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2, in 1 stream(s)
Channel #0 :Stream 0 channel 0
Channel #1 :Stream 0 channel 1

Stream ID 0x54 2 channels starting at 1
4 virtual formats:
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 44.1kHz

4 physical formats
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 44.1kHz

Local devices found : 2
Device #0: ID 0x53 iMac Pro-Lautsprecher Manufacturer: Apple Inc. Model UID: Speaker UID: BuiltInSpeakerDevice Model Name: Apple Inc. iMac Pro-Lautsprecher
Device #1: ID 0x2c Soundflower (2ch) Manufacturer: ma++ ingalls for Cycling '74 Model UID: com_cycling74_driver_SoundflowerDevice:Soundflower UID: SoundflowerEngine:0 Model Name: ma++ ingalls for Cycling '74 Soundflower (2ch)

UPnP devices found : 1
Device #0: ID 0x0 Sensia 200D Connect UID: uuid:xxxxxxxx-cb6a-4857-xxxxxx-0019f581aa00 Location: http://192.168.0.20:34704/xxxxxxxxx4857-b891-0019f581aa00.xml

Hello @HagbardCeline,

First of all, unless you have this setting enabled, your tracks shouldn’t be impacted:

You are talking about something that has been fixed 5 months ago now, can you send a screenshot of what you are talking about so we can be sure we are talking about the same thing?

2 Likes

Howdy , Welcome aboard mate. Your English is awesome so no trouble, First thing I have learned from the smart guys is knock that audio buffer back to 4000 mb All your memory is tied up, opt out of “ Metadata Recovery in Preferences, Local. Perhaps don’t add all your files at once I could be wrong but I thought adding them chunks at a time is a bit smoother

Best luck with it

1 Like

Maybe you need a more powerful computer………….omg…….lol………:smirk:

Hello Antoine,
thank you very much for the quick reply. Since the audiofile data analysis begins, it changed my folders at synology to actual date. I did not changed anything at my locals, those files are very old and stored since years. I was wondering, cause the change of the date was not with Audirvana 3.5, i got that result with Audirvana studio and recognized today. Now the folder entrys dates differ to my mirror backup.

Does it messed up my locals now? Thanks for helping me, really.
How long does it need to finish that analysis from the files? Is there an option to stop it please?

@OffRode

Hello,
thank you too for helping me. I will try that and switch the audio buffer to 4000mb. So i need to start everything again from scratch? Do i need to restore the old local database for it?
Yes my computer is not the latest model, i know, but it still works fine to me. I also own an macbook air with M1, but still prefer the iMac Pro cause of the bigger screen. Audirvana has very small fonts i can’t read it at the macbook air.

Regards and thanks again
Tom

1 Like

No don’t redo anything if it’s in and working, I think your computer is quite on the stout side of things. Studio is very easy on cpu I think :thought_balloon:

Last thing to do is crank the AC/DC to 11 , Get to meet your neighbors !

1 Like

Can you check the files inside one of those folders that has been updated?

1 Like

Sure, i did that. Some are different and some not. Probably i hit the switch yesterday, then i have to apologize and it was my fault. I can’t read the small fonts very good, so probably i hit that “magic” switch by mistake. So i need to restore my old database and play it back now and start Audirvana Studio again? How long does that audiofile analysis need to finish? Is it 2 or more days again? Is it possible to stop that and opt-out with another magic switch please? I like to avoid that, cause it should just read in my local files and play the music like 3.5 did before. No further analysis and no other tags from any foreign source please. Is that possible to do please?

Thank you very much for patience with me and for kind help. really i appreciate that.

Thats how my Audirvana user interface is looking now, i corrected the buffer like @OffRode told me to 4000 MB and the “magic” switch is off.

1 Like

Addition:
Thats how it is looking, it does not stop doing analyze:

Don’t over analyze the situation, let it cook. This will help

1 Like

Finally it is done since 3am now. It really needed nearly three days for the complete analysis. I need to it again now, cause my locals where changed partly in the folder dates and it does not synchronize with my backup mirror anymore. It was probably my fault, cause i hit that switch by accident. I do have difficulties to read the very small fonts and hit it probably by accident. So i will do the whole process again now and restore my locals from mirror and let AS build that again from scratch. It is a very long process to do that. Hopefully the next version of AS for Mac has an opt-out for that analysis, that would be so great and i would be very thankful for that. My tags are perfect over the years and i really don’t need any further analysis or additions of them. AS should just build the sqlite database as fast as possible and just simply play my music like 3.5 did it before. My first impressions of the sound quality are amazing. I am really impressed, it is so much better at my equipment then 3.5. - if i can fix my locals and can do it without any further analysis in future, i will keep it, cause the quality of sound is an really improvement.

Thank you very much for helping me, thats a nice forum and nice people here.

1 Like

With your vision issue have you gone into preferences, appearance and set to large ? Great to hear your getting it sorted

Yes i did that, but it is still to small for me. At my Macbook Air M1 i need magnifier glasses. HAHA really :wink:

1 Like

Oh right, you need a new MacBook Pro with hdmi output!
So you didn’t install on your Xeon system yet?

I have installed it on both systems. One is for my living room and one for portable. Yes the new MacBook Pro is so much better then the old. And Magsafe is back :wink: - back to topic. I am really happy now that the database is built finally. But i never thought it would need such a long time, cause my Mac is not slow. I read here in forum some other guy told he just needed some minutes to build his sqlite database with 3,8 TB and so it seems to be very different and depends on wich kind of system is be used and if it is a local SSD or a NAS.

That must be a big part of it, All my local files are on SSD. Funny how fast you become used to that speed. If I had to use WD NAS spinner it would take a while

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.