Anyone still happily using Audirvana 3.5, like me?
For anyone that still experiences problems (drop-outs, disconnecting after a few minutes, needing reset, etc.) with version 3.5 remote app, I’ve found a solution by accident that works for me! It has driven me mad for years, with no solution offered or suggested that actually worked. Until now - you might want to try my (unexpected!) solution for size as well in that case, see if it works for you?
I’m using 3.5 on a Macbook Air, remote app is on iPad.
About 6 months or so ago we got a new TV for our main bedroom and, as is often the way these days with modern TV’s (no matter what the size, small or large!) it has all the usual ‘smart’ features and apps, (iPlayer, Netflix, etc.) pre-installed. The only snag was that I couldn’t get any of these to work because our wifi reception in that bedroom was a bit flaky, so in order to use all this new tech stuff I needed to resolve that.
To fix this I obtained a TP-Link wifi range extender and placed it in the nearest ‘free’ wall socket which, by coincidence, happened to be across the hallway in my music room.
And guess what - as an aside I now find the remote app works perfectly every time, not had one ‘error’ of any description since I installed this item!!! I probably play music for around 1-2 hours, 2-3 times a week typically, so that’s a pretty good record so far … App leaps into life instantly with all listings correct and fully populated, never fails! Not once has it let me down …
So, it would appear that (for me, at least) my issue was nothing more than poor wifi reception; the signal would have needed to find it’s way to my router, which is around 10 metres away downstairs through solid brick walls, before then returning back upstairs to my Macbook, along with all the to-ing and fro-ing of communications necessary. So by ‘boosting’ the wifi signal to get our TV to work correctly it’s inadvertently also resolved my Audirvana remote problem. Well, blow me down!
Whether the actual problem was with my iPad’s wifi, or the Macbook, I don’t care - it now works!
And to think I’ve put up with the remote apps issues for so long, as have many, many other users no doubt. If I’d realised the solution sooner … oh, well.