Audirvana and Marantz with VPN

Hi there,

The Marantz ND 8006 media player is connected to Audirvana using the UPNP protocol, the Tidal service (HiFi Plus with Master Quality audio) is connected to Audirvana.

I live in Ukraine, where Tidal does not officially work. My Tidal subscription is registered to a Turkish account. Now Tidal has significantly tightened its work in Ukraine, and for several days it no longer works on Ukrainian IP addresses. To launch Tidal, I started using a VPN (service provider ivacy.com), connected through the Netherlands.
After connecting the VPN, my Tidal started working on the desktop, and it also started working in Audirvana on the same desktop. But now desctop Audirvana shows 2 home networks (ivacy_2 and Etnernet), and does not find the Marantz ND 8006 in any of them.
When I turn off the VPN, I have only one home Internet network again, and find Marantz ND 8006 without any problems.
I will be very grateful for your help.

Hi @Y.Self,

I’m not sure about if you can use local network UPNP device while a VPN is active, you may need to use Airplay or Bluetooth :confused:

That’s because it is as you have two different subnets and UPnP cannot work across different subnets.
Maybe it could work if you assign a VPN subnet ip address to the Marantz

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.