Audirvana and The Mac

I’ve been trying to familiarize myself with Audirvana over the last couple of days and have to admit, it’s a bit frustrating.

It hangs with almost every action undertaken and takes a long time to launch. So, as it is, it is ‘painful’ to use on my Mac.

I really want to like this program and I hope someone can perhaps give me thoughts on how to make it run so it is usable.

Is it noted to be a memory hog? Below are the specifications of my computer.
Thanks a lot of any feedback or pointers that are given.

About This Mac 2022-01-13 13-41-27

Those specs should be sufficient - does it indicate that it’s doing any sort of analysis on a local music library? Or are you streaming only (Tidal or Qobuz)?

Mine runs fine and fast on a 2013 iMac. Not sure what would slow it down for you.

That’s weird. I have a 2017 MacBook Air with an 1,8 GHz i5 dual core CPU, 8 gb of RAM and onboard graphics. And it runs nice and pretty quick here. Same speed as the other programs on my Mac.

Hello @medhatbear,

Can you send us a copy of the “Debug Info” when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

Thank you all for your replies…I finally got the program to work… I appreciate all your feedback and help. Brien