Audirvana claims my DAC only plays up to DSD 128

But it DOES play 256! I received a new Windows laptop today, and after installing Audirvana and the DAC driver, when I look at the Active Device it shows only DSD64 and 128. What can I do to fix this? I have a McIntosh MA9000 with a DA1 built-in.

You don’t need to fix anything, just play the files.

I’d like to know what the problem is.

That’s what DAC reports back to Audirvana. Not much you can do about it.

It doesn’t do that with JRiver or Roon. I prefer Audirvana, however, so I’ll continue to use it.

Just out of curiosity, have you updated the firmware for the MA9000/DA1?

No. I don’t want to go to the trouble and expense of shipping it to them. Plus, I had hernia repair surgery a few weeks ago, so I can’t lift anything over 10lbs for several more weeks…and I should probably never lift anything that weighs 105 lbs again!!

Hi, please note that you don’t need to send the MA9000 to McIntosh. If there is a new firmware, you only have to ask them to send the new firmware version by email with the instructions, and you can update de firmware with a PC. I suggest to try this, since it could be the solution to your problem. Good luck

Thanks, will do. I must have been thinking of the DA1 upgrade to DA2–that definitely requires sending it to them.

Have you choose not automatic detection for DSD but, DSD over PCM 1.1 ?

That setting is also for PCs ?

That allows 256 on mac, 1.0 allows max dsd128

Hello @Guitar1,

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message