Audirvana crashing

Audirvana is now crashing after I launch it. It is also having a problem recognizing my DDRC Mini DSP for output I am running Mojave last version on 5.1 power mac. I have run disk first aid to no avail. Any thoughts on this?

Hello @srlaudio, You may have a damaged preferences file.
To reset it, open the Terminal application, and enter the following two commands:

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana

Please note you’ll be asked for your license key when you’ll relaunch Audirvana for the first time after this.

Hello, I became suspicious of the usb cable that came with my mini DSP. I went to Walmart and bought an off the shelf usb cale, plugged it in, and bang everything worked. So I investigated usb cables and came to the conclusion that charging a device or printing a file is a lot different than transmitting a 176.4 kHz 24 bit audio stream. Sooooo I found a deal on a Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 cable, ordered it, it just came in, I plugged it up and man I am on a different planet. I am an old audio pro, in my younger days I designed and installed the biggest studios in Nashville Tennessee. In that process, we learned that audio connections were vital. We settled on Mogami wiring, Neutrik gold plated connectors, and Wondersolder silver solder. I must say that the ones that are left are still sounding great, so I guess this analogy works in the brave new world. Any way Audirvana likes a solid connection to the DAC. That is certain. I hope this helps others…

1 Like