Audirvana cuts off start of Tidal Tracks when Sample/Bitrate changes

I have a customized Mac Mini as the centrepiece of our home audio/video network. We’re running Audirvana into a Yamaha A-S801 receiver via USB to its integrated ESS Sabre DAC. The main issue is that via Audirvana cuts off the first second or so of the next song whenever the bitrate/sampling freq changes. This does NOT happen when playing the same playlists directly from the Tidal app on the same Mac Mini fed into the same DAC via USB. As Tidal playlists are our main source of casual listening, this is SUPER annoying.

The main use of Audirvana in addition to controlling our local music collection is to be able to remotely control Tidal via the remote app (the other Remote shortcomings are well known when it comes to Tidal) but this issue makes it nearly unusable. Maybe there’s a setting I can tweak to ensure the DAC knows what’s coming with enough time as to not cut off every song?

TIA!

Any ideas? TIA

Sorry no reply :disappointed: did you figure anything out

Hello @uforik,

If you go in the audio output settings in the low level playback option you should see an option to add latency when there is a sample rate change.

Hi there. I’m having this exact same problem with Audirvana Studio. (Only with Tidal MQA files.) Is there an equivalent AS setting anywhere?
Thanks in advance.

I found the equivalent control in AS, and set it to the maximum 5 seconds… But the problem persists…

Hello @mihirsharma,

Can you send us a copy of the “Debug Info” when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account

Please remove the line corresponding to your logged-in account to avoid displaying your email address and first name/last name publicly.

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message