Audirvana doesn't detect Chord Hugo TT 2 through dock

Hi there,

My MBP is connected to a CalDigit dock. When I fire up Audirvana, it detects one of the possible audio paths, but the Chord is connected to the dock via SP/DIF. Audirvana does not detect that connection so doesn’t offer it as an option.

Is there a way to force it to see this connection so that I can use it?

Thanks,
Jim

You can try to clear the plist files. The instructions below:

https://www.caldigit.com/setting-thunderbolt-station-audio-ports-as-default-audio-input-and-output/

MacOS shows the SP/DIF connection just fine, but I deleted the plist files anyway. Also made sure the Chord was powered on in case Audirvana was listening for some kind of handshake. Still doesn’t detect it.

This would impact whether or not I purchase the Audirvana license.

I’m not sure why. It should be detected and usable by Audirvana.

Why do you want to use this output and not USB directly?

It’s mostly a question of convenience. The Chord replaced a NAIM DAC V1, so I just plugged in the cable I had used for that. I could run a USB cable to the Chord, but was hoping not to have to do that.

Also, FWIW, Roon detects it just fine.

Hello @jimhong, Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info Audirvana button automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message.