Audirvana + Highresaudio + Sonarworks

I have enjoyed listening to music using the combination of Highresaudio streaming service and Audirvana for a year or so.
A few weeks ago I read from “Highresaudio Streaming | HIGHRESAUDIO” the section “Optimized playback via headphones”. From there I learned about Sonarworks True-Fi calibration app. I installed the trial version of it on my Windows 10 computer and found out that streamed music (not downloaded) from Highresaudio using HRA-Streaming app (not Audirvana) sounded astonishingly beautiful from my Sennheiser HD700 headphones for which I had calibrated my Sonarworks True-Fi application.
Does anybody know what would happen technically to the music flow streamed from Highresaudio if I keep Sonarworks True-Fi on and play that music with Audirvana, instead of HRA-Streaming app? Since Audirvana promises that “By taking control on your computer’s audio flow, Audirvana prevents other applications from interfering during listening and from making hidden changes to audio samples”, would Audirvana thus also prevent all the advantage that Sonarworks True-Fi would give to headphone listening? In that case there would be no point running Sonarworks True-Fi while playing music with Audirvana.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.