Audirvana Linux version on Raspberry Pi

I know the answer is try it and see, and I will, but is the ARM version of Audirvana for Linux likely to run reasonably well on a Raspberry Pi, and how much memory would it need?

Alan

Hi @the_bat,

We used the 4go RAM Raspberry for our test :wink:

Excellent. I’ve only got a 2 gig version at the moment, but I was going to order a 4 or 8 gig version anyway.

As a matter of interest, which operating system did you use?

Latest Debian without graphical interface

2 Likes

Moode 8.3.9 RPI 4 2GB

moode@moode:~ $ sudo apt-get install -f /home/moode/audirvana-studio_2.8.1.1_arm 64.deb
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
Reading state information… Done
Note, selecting ‘audirvana-studio’ instead of ‘/home/moode/audirvana-studio_2.8. 1.1_arm64.deb’
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
audirvana-studio : Depends: libstdc++6 (>= 11) but 10.2.1-6 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Not working for me even on latest raspbian lite 64.

So far I’ve seen you and one other user with the same problem on Moode. So it looks as if Moode has at least one dependency that’s not sufficiently updated to install Audirvāna. The solution would be either installing a different Linux distro or seeing whether the Audirvāna folks can modify the install to work with older dependencies.

On latest raspbian i have those errors:

sudo /opt/audirvana/studio/setAsService.sh status
× audirvanaStudio.service - Run audirvanaStudio
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/audirvanaStudio.service; enabled; pres>
Active: failed (Result: signal) since Sat 2024-04-13 13:48:51 BST; 1h 0min>
Duration: 40ms
Process: 687 ExecStart=/opt/audirvana/studio/audirvanaStudio (code=killed, >
Main PID: 687 (code=killed, signal=ABRT)
CPU: 39ms

Apr 13 13:48:51 moode systemd[1]: audirvanaStudio.service: Scheduled restart jo>
Apr 13 13:48:51 moode systemd[1]: Stopped audirvanaStudio.service - Run audirva>
Apr 13 13:48:51 moode systemd[1]: audirvanaStudio.service: Start request repeat>
Apr 13 13:48:51 moode systemd[1]: audirvanaStudio.service: Failed with result '>
Apr 13 13:48:51 moode systemd[1]: Failed to start audirvanaStudio.service - Run>
lines 1-13/13 (END)…skipping…
× audirvanaStudio.service - Run audirvanaStudio
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/audirvanaStudio.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: signal) since Sat 2024-04-13 13:48:51 BST; 1h 0min ago
Duration: 40ms
Process: 687 ExecStart=/opt/audirvana/studio/audirvanaStudio (code=killed, signal=ABRT)
Main PID: 687 (code=killed, signal=ABRT)
CPU: 39ms

Apr 13 13:48:51 moode systemd[1]: audirvanaStudio.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Apr 13 13:48:51 moode systemd[1]: Stopped audirvanaStudio.service - Run audirvanaStudio.
Apr 13 13:48:51 moode systemd[1]: audirvanaStudio.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Apr 13 13:48:51 moode systemd[1]: audirvanaStudio.service: Failed with result ‘signal’.
Apr 13 13:48:51 moode systemd[1]: Failed to start audirvanaStudio.service - Run audirvanaStudio.

Since there is a dependency problem with Moode, my guess is that there is still some sort of dependency conflict. But that’s just a guess. You could try completely removing Audirvāna and reinstalling, but again that’s just a stab in the dark from me.

It’s not moode, i have user “moode”, beacause i have configured ssh client for that user and password.

It’s latest Raspbian headless based on Debian bookworm.

1 Like

I have a similar start failure problem on ArcoLinux (Arch-based distro), and wondering whether I should just blow away the ArcoLinux install and start over. Which is another way of saying that I’m sorry not to have any good ideas for helping out in your situation, other than to start over and try again if you feel like going through that. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

On Raspbian, i was need to make folder with user “audirvana”, group “audio” with 777 permission in /home/audirvana

And i changed in service file Restart=on-failure instead of always.

1 Like

Now it’s working, but i can’t play anything.
See screenshot. I was tried play from Tidal and radios.

I have read another user saying they were having difficulty playing from Tidal. I don’t have a Tidal account. Qobuz works perfectly. I am able to play radios here via USB with or without upsampling, and via UPnP/DLNA without upsampling.

What’s your connection, USB, UPnP/DLNA, or something else?

Run well on RPI5 on Ubuntu Server 23 with output on DDC Holo Red
Very nice sound quality
Édit: even better sound quality when streaming via UPnP on Mpd/Upmpdcli on Gentooplayer on Holo Red.

2 Likes

Hi @Maverick565,

Can you send us a copy of the "Debug Info“ when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account.

Note: When you click on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content. Please paste it in response to this message.

Completely restart Raspberry was solved the problem.

2 Likes