Audirvana outputs Qobuz 24bit as 32bit?

Hi,
when I stream Qobuz 24bit tracks to my USB DAC (Khadas Tone Board) they seem to be send or played back as 32bit. Audirvana shows 32bit at the right lower corner.
Any explanations?
Thank you

Matt

It’s normal, supposedly in the right lower corner Audirvana shows the maximum bit depth supported by the DAC (which is 32 bit in your case).

Thanks,
but why does show Audirvana with HR the MAXIMUM bit depth of the DAC with the exact sample rate of the Qobuz track?
When I playback redbook tracks I see 16/44,1 for comparison.
This does not make sense to me.

Matt

That’s weird on the lower right side you should see 32/44.1. It’s how I see it in my setup.

On the lower left side you have the native file resolution, and there you should see 16/44.1.

For clarification:
There is no difference between the lower left and lower right side with RB.
With HR I see always 32bit on the lower right side even when the track is 24bit.
Forced upsampling is deactivated.

Matt

Hello @matt,

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

@Damien3
I will send it after resubscription to Qobuz in November.
Thanks

Matt

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.