Audirvana Plus 3.0 CLEAN INSTALL

Everyone. I have spent the better part of last night and this morning wrestling with AP 3.0 only to learn the following:

1 A Clean Install, where earlier versions of AP 1.x and 2.x are uninstalled and THEN AP 3.0 is installed. Not doing so could result in the following messages:

a, device (DAC) not recognized
b, files not loading
c, “rare” DSD files play, but PCM files will not unless DSD upsampling is configured for all files.

1. Once AP 3.0 is installed, earlier versions of AP: 1.x and/or 2.x will be rendered inoperable.

For those of you with exaSound DACs, this has NOTHING to do with its drivers.

Lastly, for those of you with TEAC DACs, you might want to do a clean uninstall of your entire Audirvana installations including 3.x using software like CleanMyMac or something similar which goes out and finds all the related files. I would also suggest manually checking the Users, not System, /Library/Application Support/Audirvana folder and delete al the database files and let 3.x start from scratch with your music library/collection.

This just might solve your problem and when you re-install use the 3.01 DMG and not the 3.0.0.1 TEAC DMG to see if this makes a difference. If not you can install 3.0.0.1 TEAC DMG over 3.0.1 DMG without a problem.

davidavdavid: how EXACTLY do I delete all the database files of Users/library/application support/audirvana folder(s).
My problem is I get no sound from NON MQA albums/playlists on TIDAL no Qobuz sound whartsoever no local files ie my iTunes integrated library-ALL I GET IS MQA ALBUMS&PLAYLISTS OF MQA ALBUMS I MADE.The only sound I get is absolutely great SQ music of ONLY MQA ALBUMS AND PLAYLISTS!!
My DAC is a brand new Meridian Explorer 2 my system is late 2012 mac mini i7 16GB RAM running El Capitan and I never had this problem with ver 2.6.6.
bobbmd
rburdic2@gmail.com

Before you look to delete/move files from application support. You should make sure that you have first done a clean install. If you do not have a program like CleanMyMac, I strongly suggest getting one. You might be able to download it and use it on a trial basis. Make sure you have cleanly uninstalled your Audirvana Plus installation, then go to the /Users/Library/Application Support/Audirvana folder and either delete or move the files to your desktop so that Audirvana Plus does not see them. When you re-install the software from scratch the software should prompt you to add Libraries because it should not see your existing database if you move or delete the files. If you delete the files make sure to EMPTY your trash bin.

A clean fresh start from scratch will provide you with the necessary control environment to diagnose the problems you are facing. Apparently a great deal of changes/modifications have been made under the hood to Audirvana Plus 3.x

Posted that so many times :slight_smile:
You can try starting from scratch by deleting those files:

Go to the main library folder… PrivilegedHelperTools folder… Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus file
Go to the main library folder…LaunchDaemons folder… Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist
Go to User… home Folder… library… Applications Support… Audirvana folder…Trash the AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite (that is your database of music, back it up!)
Go to User… home folder… library… Preferences… trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist (those are A+ software preferences)

Restart MAC just to be sure… This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.
When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo…
LET IT GO, you’ll see the progress bar going… Could be long the first time…
depending on how large your library is and computer is fast or not… go to sleep… then see :slight_smile:

Why should I install AP 3 when all this shit can happen. Bad configurations in version 3 i think

You should install AP 3 because after all is said and the done the sonics, which are more important than anything else, are quire improved. It is indeed worth the effort. That being said the process of doing a clean install using a 3rd party tool like CleanMyMac far less painful and involved than doing so manually.

Sorry, I disagree. In my audio system, after trying the 3.5 version, the sonics were not «quite improved». It sounds different because of the integrated upsampling tricks but not better. I bought Audirvana years ago but then stopped using it because of its numerous issues. iTunes is just fine, CoreAudio is rock solid, used in all the audio industry. There’s no need for messing with all what Apple audio engineers have already done.

if that’s what you believe stick to your guns :wink:

It is not bad conversions, it is about what I said up front. When moving from 2.x to 3.x to do a CLEAN INSTALL, because a lot has changed in the interim between the versions