Audirvana Plus not detecting Auralic Aries Femto Streamer

@ddps then you must have missed last couple of years.

ultraRendu is a streamer and it prides itself it works with Audirvana. This is why it was on my list as 1st choice. But then i read ultraRendu has problems with Audirvana with new firmware releases. Another point was it did not support Airplay…It supported something like Shairport…like what, SharePoint? Cmon…Even low-class consumer streamers support AirPlay. So it went off the list.

Auralic Aries does not support Audirvana just beause it is old tech.

Waversa WStreamer just works. Supports AirPlay - now i can stream all the wonderful music from SoundCloud or BandCamp. When watching movies from Amazon Prime, Netflix and Apple TV+, the sound is now also streamed with Waversa Wstreamer.

I dont care about Gobuzz, Tidal or other lock-in services… With Audirvana i can stream HiRez or mp3 and ripped CDs directly from my computer or attached disks. I stay in control with my music, instead of paying to other service to let it be in control, and then not be able to stream from other music or moving pictures platform.

I never said it wasn’t possible for a streamer to connect to a streamer. I only said it wasn’t necessary. In the OP’s case specifically, he doesn’t need the Aries. Does that make better sense?

Some good points… Control of your on audio …

I’m with you!! I actually came to this topic, as I was searching for feedback on sound quality from those who have gone from Computer+Audirvana, to a dedicated streamer (like the Auralic). You cannot imagine how hard it is to find such feedback!!! It sounds like people are ashamed to share … :confused:

Anyways, some of the talks here seem to say with a dedicated hardware/streamer, you start to suffer compatibility issues (like not reading iso … bummer!). WHile, with my macmini i can pretty much read anything my DAC accepts…

So I am really debating the value of streamers, short of the sound quality, that I have no feedback on so far …

Audirvana streaming to Waversa streamer, then to what? Buchardt A500s, Kii, Q, B&W Formation? What is the end sources that you can send your streamed Audirvana stream to? Where does the DAC fit into the file stream when the file is being sent wirelessly within your home? Audirvana removes detritus, or improves the signal, you have an out from your computer, if hard wired to a dac, how do you stream this audio analogy signal to a speaker? If you go from Audirvana to a streamer, how do you get the file uncompacted by DAC and put it into speakers.

Do you need the chain to be Audirvana on a computer, via USB say to a DAC, to a streamer and then to active speakers? With an active speaker that has a DAC, remove the DAC from this chain?

I am not getting how you build the file connection to get an active speaker to make use of Audirvana on a dedicated passive speaker system? Do you lose the “cleaning” value of Audirvana when putting a computer file through all of these pieces of equipment?

Passive speaker I assume is computer with Audirvana, cable connected to DAC, to amplifier to speaker?

Hello, I’m on a Mac and I discovered a couple things that might help others trying to use Auralic Femto for things like AES into the DAC. Again on a Mac:

Audirvana needs to see the hardware options on app launch, and if you’re connected via USB or Airplay, you need to manually open Sound Preference Pane and then click Output and then click the output you want (Airplay or “Built-in”).

If you select via Sound Preference pane after launching Audirvana, you need to quit and relaunch Audirvana for it to see the change you made.

If you have a UPnP/DLNA device, it should show up in the lower right corner Output Device menu. If not, try quitting and relaunching…

For Auralic Aries, you need to go to Settings/Lightning Device (Currently Available)/Additional Operations/Streamer Setup/Streamer Mode-WorkMode/UPnP Renderer

Then change the menu to make the selection stick, then exit out back to the music interface

On your Mac now launch or quit and relaunch Audirvana. You should see the Aries in the Output Device menu now.

I can’t say the iOS remote app is working so well, but that’s another matter. Hope you at least have music playing over your Aries now.