Audirvana remote connection problems (workaround)

I quote the discussion on Audirvana Remote - connection problems - Software - Audiophile Style

I’m using a wired Windows 10 pc with an Ipad (Wifi) and I’m having the same Issue. The workaround may be a nice temporary solution.
@ damien: can you look into this?

Blockquote

Freshman Member
zacster
65 posts
Posted May 10
I’ve just found the remote app to be very finicky, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Usually closing and reopening the app works, sometimes I need to re-select the computer even though it was already selected and occasionally it is the server needs restarting. My server is a Mac running the new 3.5, and I’ve had some small issues with it but it overall works.

I’m sure this doesn’t help you but just know that this app is far from perfect. It does sound like there is maybe some intruder detection going on that shuts down the connection and doesn’t allow it to reconnect, so checking your router may turn up something.

zkeller
zkeller
27 posts
Posted May 13
Thanks Zacster, that does help.

Will keep trying. I hate using VNC in order to operate the server which is in another room.

Zane

zkeller
zkeller
27 posts
Posted May 16
I think I have found a workaround - just testing how consistent it is.

I installed TeamViewer, the free personal version, and if I find that Audirvana Remote is not working, I establish a connection using TeamViewer and then A+ Remote starts working!

Better than trying to do everything through TeamViewer.

Thanks

Zane

Zane

Blockquote

The best workaround is mentioned in another thread on this board. In Windows firewall disable private network. The remote still loses connection once in a while, but reconnects easy.

(Particulier netwerk in Dutch) Screenshot is from another computer than my audio computer.