Audirvana restart properly after it crashes

Please can you make Audirvana restart properly after it has crashed? I get the message about information being sent to Microsoft, but I am then not able to relaunch Audirvana without rebooting my PC first. Even trying to terminate the Audirvana.exe process in Task Manager fails with an “access denied” error.

This wouldn’t be so bad, except for the fact Audirvana crashes “quite a lot” for me… :frowning:

Hello @Framgeld,
Can you send us your dmp and log file at support@audrivana.com ?It can be in two different locations :
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-[… id number that can vary]\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana

Hi @Antoine. Email sent over to support email address (without the typo) :slight_smile: I only have a log file: no dmp files.

Thank you for the debug info, I can see that you have some connection error with Tidal, does your Internet connection is stable?

Hi @Antoine. Yes… my internet connection is stable. My PC is connected to my router via ethernet cable. More often than not, I am using a cloud gaming service at the same time as Audirvana (and that has no tolerance at all for a bad connection). I get the issues you mentioned whether I am using the cloud gaming service or not.

I also have a dump file available (it has finally replicated!) - but it is 1.25Gb compressed. What is the best way to get this to you?

We took a look at your dump file and it’s seems that your audio output seems to block Audirvana when you reopen it. Do you have something connected to your computer that would use your audio output?

When I have Audirvana open, I ensure my system device is the internal Realtek controller, in order to allow Audirvana exclusive WASAPI access to my Chord Hugo TT DAC. I’m not sure what could be locking it in this scenario.

How are you connected to your Chord Hugo TT? Are you using a USB cable?

Yes… USB cable into the “high quality” USB port on the DAC.

Can yo try to change the USB port used on your computer and start to use Audirvana again?

I have a new PC on the way tomorrow (with a bit of luck). I will be able to test it out on there.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.