Audirvana shutdown problem

I have experienced a persistent problem when I close Audirvana in Windows 10. More than half the time, Audirvana remains resident in memory, preventing me from re-opening Audirvana until I close the background Audirvana using Windows Task Manager. I was hoping this would be resolved when Audirvana 3.5.0 made its appearance. Unfortunately, the problem persists. I know how to work around it but it is somewhat annoying to have to go to Task Manager to complete closing Audirvana. Are others experiencing this problem or can I assume that it is confined to my specific computer?

Experiencing this problem as well on Windows.

Hello @usrockband and @anglehl, Before closing Audirvana, how were you connected to your DAC? Using USB or WI-FI connectivity?

I was connected with standard USB. Sometimes it closes normally, many times it stays open in the background and requires closing via task manager.

@usrockband, next time you have this behavior, in the Task manager, can you please click on create a dump file and send us at support@audirvana.com? This will help us debug the issue you have.

For the last few months (and throughout two updates) my Audirvana won´t close at all with the main window´s “X”. With the taskbar preview-window´s “X” it closes sometimes but a stale process stays alive, preventing Audirvana to be restarted until I kill it manually within the task manager. I assumed not to be the only one with this issue so I remained silent in patience for months. But as I just did the latest update, nothing changed. Last night when using Audirvana I even had my first bad-ass win10 system crash ever. This evening Audirvana did a ´minor´ crash and offered me to view a mini-dump, but it didn´t do so despite my request. Since v1.3.9. I´m patiently hoping that things will get ironed out, but most of the time old problems get traded for new problems. To be honest, if only Audirvana didn´t sound that good, I wouldn´t even bother with it´s quirks for a minute. Sorry, rant over.

PS, fun fact: for hassle-free listening I started taping my playlists to compact cassette and open-reel again, like in the last millennium. Why is it that modern technology can be more pain-in-the-tail than ancient magnetic tape?!?

Thanks in advance for advise.
Oh, and yes, here´s my latest dump:

Audirvana 3.5.37

SIGNAL PROCESSING:
Polarity Inversion:
Globally: OFF
Per track: ON
Effects plugins NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:
SoX not in use
SoX filter parameters
Bandwidth at 0dB = 99.5
Filter max length = 30000
Anti-aliasing = 100
Phase = 73

AUDIO VOLUME:
Max allowed volume: 100
Replay Gain: None
SW volume control: OFF

LIBRARY SETTINGS:
Sync list: 3 folders
AUTO: D:
AUTO: F:
AUTO: G:
Library database path: C:[…]\AppData\Local\Audirvana\AudirvanaPlus\AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

ACTIVE STREAMING SERVICES

=================== AUDIO DEVICE ========================

Max. memory for audio buffers: 256MB
Local Audio Engine:ASIO 2 driver version 0
Preferred device:
iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio
Model UID:iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio
UID:iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio

Active Sample Rate: 44.1kHz

Bridge settings:
Sample rate limitation: none
Sample rate switching latency: 1s
Limit bitdepth to 24bit: OFF
Mute during sample rate change: ON

Selected device:
Local audio device
iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Manufacturer:
Model UID:iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio UID:iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio

0 available sample rates up to 0Hz
Volume Control
Physical: No
Virtual: No
MQA capability
Auto-detect MQA devices: Yes
Not a MQA device, user set to MQA Decoder
DSD capability: DSD via PCM 1.0
Device audio channels
Preferred stereo channels L:0 R:1
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1

Audio channels in use
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No
Simple stereo device: No

0 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2

Local devices found : 2
Device #0: DSD Transcoder (DoP/Native) Manufacturer: Model UID: DSD Transcoder (DoP/Native) UID: DSD Transcoder (DoP/Native)
Device #1: iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Manufacturer: Model UID: iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio UID: iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio

UPnP devices found : 0
—end-of-file—

Hello @waldo, thank you for your message. You sent the debug info of Audirvana, not the dump file. Can you send it at support@audirvana.com?

It can be in two different locations :
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-[… id number that can vary]\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana

Update: When I last used Audirvana this weekend, finally the “X” started working again. I have no idea if this is sheer incidence or if a fix has been applied silently. BUT I have an idea: As A+ had been getting rather unresponsive before while constantly reporting a library refresh, I turned off monitoring of all local folders as I mainly use A+ for Tidal. Maybe the processing of some local folders (with auto-refresh enabled) might be part (or even cause) of the problem? I will keep an eye on that.
(PS: Sound quality was great as usual, even when the GUI froze;-)
Cheers and greetings to ya all!