Audirvana skips second track when streaming from Tidal

1.3.0(1056) Still not usable because of track skips

(btw. it’s not only Tidal. Qobuz and local “work” the same)

Musiclife Android App works without any skips, so it’s not a hardware issue.

Release 1.3.6
Audirvana still not usable for me

It’s Nov 3, 2019, and Audirvana (the latest build, 3.5.24) is still skipping the second track on playback. Just playing my library, not streaming Tidal or anything.

~ Peter Z.

Streaming playback through Cambridge CXA61 from Audirvana always misses the end of tracks and often skips to second track. It seems Audirvana is not loading the complete track or is dropping the connection. If I play directly from Tidal or Qobuz desktop app I don’t have this problem. Also no problems streaming to CXA61 from iPhone.

No problems with local playback only streaming both Tidal and Qobuz.

I have tried increasing buffer but found no improvement.
Looks like I’m going to have to dump Audirvana and find a more stable application :frowning:

Turning off System Optimizer has solved the problem for me with no noticeable loss of sound quality. Streaming now plays smoothly and does not skip tracks. The only slight issue I’ve had is if I change the playlist close to the end of a playing track, there is a momentary pause while the system catches up. My guess is integration between System Optimizer, MacOS, and the CXA61 is buggy. Hopefully there will be a fix in future…

Hello @Wazz, are you using the latest firmware version for your DAC?

Thanks @Damien3. Yes updated firmware recently for Cambridge CXA61. I’ve since turned sysoptimizer back on and decided not to upsample, just going for bit perfect as recorded and mastered. Playback is now smooth even when dropping tracks into playlist on the fly.
MQA from Tidal and hires from Qobuz both play and sound great without upsampling.
Happy customer :smiley: