Audirvãna stops playing after one or two songs

I am aware of the problems, UPnP has. UPnP allows applications to automatically forward a port on your router and malware can take advantage of this feature. You should be able to switch off this feature in your router, which will not affect the usage of everything else UPnP offers. UPnP had other problems in the past, which were solved with updates.

And when UPnP will be exchanged for something more safe: I’m all for it!

Edit: I forgot to thank you for your concern, which really is appreciated!

Hey,

I had the exact same problem, but I finally figured it out. I’m using Audirvana on a MacBook Pro M1, with my music files stored on a NAS, and my DAC is a network player (which is on the ‘plays with Audirvana’ list). The issue was with how the network player was connected to the network. At first, it was connected on the 5GHz band (my router is WiFi 6), but as soon as I switched it to the 2.4 GHz band, everything started working smoothly. Not entirely sure why, but I think it might have to do with the bandwidth difference between the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz connections. Anyway, just wanted to share in case anyone else is dealing with the same thing!