Audirvana stops Schitt Eitr USB to S/PDIF connector

First, I like Audirvana. It has wonderful sound quality — when it works. I have no intention of upgrading to Audirvana Studio, because the company doesn’t support its products — hence this huge “community” of user complaints/issues. The company is relying on users to solve its problems, and is, apparently, more interested in moving users to a monthly fee-based platform. No thanks.

My problem is with Audirvana shutting down my Schitt Eitr USB-to-S/PDIF connector after a few minutes. iTunes has no problem with the device. Audirvana has no problem with my Moon DAC and Schitt Vali 2 headphone amp. But, sending the signal from my iMac/Audirvana to my room speakers through the Schitt Eitr is problematic. The music plays for several minutes, then Audirvana abruptly stops the Schitt Eitr. Whatzup?

I would appreciate any suggestions about configuring Audirvana to eliminate this very irritating problem.

Please… send those details with debugging info to support@audirvana.com.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.