Audirvana Studio 1.8.0 crashes

Audirvana Studio updated to 1.8.0. Without a reason the program stops. A new start seems to work a few seconds and than crash; no possibility to make a dump.

By the way: I’m on Windows 10, version 21H1, build 19043.1348

Hello @JvI,

Can you udpate to the 1.8.1 version and check if you still have the same issue?

@Antoine, I am on 1.8.1 some time. Until now no spontaneous crashes. Although Studio will (more than once) crash when I try to close it, while “Analyse audio files” is running.

Using “X” (in the upper right corner), first the program seems to “hang” and then, after a left mouse clic somewhere, it produces a dump (see picture Studio-Dump|377x239).

So not 100% yet, but we’re moving in the right direction.

Studio-Dump

Can you send me your audirvana.dmp and audirvana.log file at support@audirvana.com?

It can be in two different locations :
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-[… id number that can vary]\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana

to show AppData folder:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10-97fbc472-c603-9d90-91d0-1166d1d9f4b5

@Antoine, I emailed the two requested files.

Yesterday and today there were updates of Windows 10 X64 (KB5009467 and KB5009596).
Audirvana Studio stops working; it is startable but stops within seconds (without a possibility to make a dump).
This happens once before (after an update of Windows 10), which I reported. During the day the problem disappeared (without any action !?).

Any suggestions ?

and…it is working again (after a few herstarts of Studio).

once again crashes of Audirvana Studio. Programstart and a few seconds later a screen popup to exit the program.

I have this problem the last two days irregurarely. First I have done a new install and everything seems to be OK. But today the problem is back again.

It is not possible to debug. I have a screen-recording if that could be helpfull.

By the way, Audirvana 3.5.51 works well.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, extra info:

• I’m on Windows 10 Home, version 21H2, build 19044.1620; Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0
  • Audirvana Studio 1.12.2

Hello @JvI,

Can you please send us this screen record and your audirvana.log and audirvana.dmp file at support@audirvana.com?

It can be in two different locations :
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-[… id number that can vary]\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana

to show AppData folder:

Antoine, I removed the files (01-04) from the indicated folder and restored them. Now Studio starts as normal.
Thanks for your quick response/help.

1 Like